Thread: Troubleshooting regsvr32.exe and Norton internet security

Troubleshooting regsvr32.exe and Norton internet security

I was having licensed copy Norton Internet Security 2010 and I have been using it from last five months. Last night while browsing the internet, I found new updates were released for my Norton Internet Security antivirus so I downloaded and updated it. After the updation I am facing problem with my Norton antivirus. When I start my browser it gets redirected to malicious web page warning. Also I am getting regsvr32.exe error message such that it has been corrupted. I need a solution so that I can troubleshoot his problem.

Re: Troubleshooting regsvr32.exe and Norton internet security

If you are getting Regsvr32.exe message then in your system Regsvr32 file has been corrupted. You can troubleshoot the problem of regsvr32.exe error message by in your system by downloading the Regsvr32 tool from the Microsoft website. Regsvr32 tool is a freeware application program that has been developed in such a way that it can easily resolve the problem of Regsvr32 from your system. Regsvr32 tool will scan the system for Regsvr32 error and if will fix it immediately.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution I have restored my internet explorer settings. After restoring the internet explorer settings it is not redirected to malicious page and now my system is working fine. Sometimes while scanning the system with Norton antivirus software my system freezes and I need to restart my system. I need to know that how I can troubleshoot the freezing problem of my system while scanning the system.

If you are facing problem of system freezing while scanning the system with antivirus software then you need to make sure that you have your antivirus system requirements are fulfilled. If the requirements are not fulfilled then it may cause the system to freeze or the system may even crash. You can the requirements are not met then you should upgrade your system. Also while scanning the system you should make sure that no unwanted processes are starting in the background. You can even terminate the background process and the problem may be solved.

If the internet explorer is having problem such that it is directed to the malicious web page warning then you can resolve this issue by resetting the internet explorer to the default settings. The steps to restore the internet explorer to default settings are given below:
    • You need to start the system and double click on internet explorer to open it.
    • You need to select tools menu from the internet explorer window. In the tools menu you need select internet options.
    • When the internet option is opened you need to select advanced tab. In the advanced tab you need to click on the reset button.
    • After pressing the reset button internet explorer settings will be restored and you need to reboot the machine.