Thread: Vulnerability Protection Signatures corrupted

Vulnerability Protection Signatures corrupted

I have read the many threads, and they have not helped me solve this issue. This is occurrence approximately each day now, sometimes two times, so please help. It is occurrence randomly, it just occurred another time, randomly, not only while I start again. I have NIS 4, Mac, and eMac USB 2.0. Thanks. Have to update and start again now. So please provide some useful information for this issue.

Re: Vulnerability Protection Signatures corrupted

While you say this is occurrence randomly, can you please elaborate on what you were doing while the error comes into view? Does it emerge while you resume your Mac, or just later than your Mac has been running a short time? And how frequently does it emerge? As well, please make certain you have the most recent versions of the whole thing. Some people have had their Vulnerability Protection definitions escape of sync someway. You can confirm you have the most recent versions by below steps:
    1. Unlock the Terminal application in Applications- Utilities.
    2. Copy and paste the below:

Code:
    cd /Library/Application\ Support/Symantec/Intrusion Prevention/Current Signatures
    cat virscan1.dat
    Kextstat

There appears to be no pattern to the occurrences. I am on 4 to 5 hours or so in the night during the past week, and currently it is occurrence one time or two times a night. It certainly occurs within the first 30 minutes or so, that is strange, because I have scheduled a Live Update to run the moment I start and after that it may occur another time later on. I have usually been placing my computer to sleep during the day, after that waking it up to work, but currently I have been shutting it down in its place. Does not seem to make dissimilarity.

Your output demonstrates that the whole thing you have setup is the accurate version. Norton says: We will be releasing an update shortly that may, or may not resolve this exacting trouble, since I cannot say for sure what your problem is, I am not certain if the future update will repair it. But if we are lucky, then the update which should be released could repair the whole thing. I will be posting here while they release the update.