Thread: Norton internet security version 4 errors in Mac

Norton internet security version 4 errors in Mac

While I click on the top bar of my Mac 10.6.5 and click the quick menu- preferences, after that not anything occurs. The system log shows this message: 20:12:10 20:13:25 SymUIAgent LSOpenFromURLSpec () returned -44 for application /Applications/System Preferences.app path /Library/Preference Panes/SymantecQuickMenu.prefPane. Your firewall is totally ineffective, attempted it, and my kernel crashed.

Re: Norton internet security version 4 errors in Mac

It sounds like there may have been a trouble with your installation. You may wish to attempt uninstalling and after that installing it again. As well, did you run Live Update to obtain the most recent updates? If the kernel terror reoccurs, can you send a panic log? Please answer this question which helps me to understand and solve your problem easily. And also try which information I provide you in this post.

I did run the update and after that I scanned. For the duration of the scan the kernel attempted to scan the ports, a dialog box popped up asking if that was fine, but it would not answer to my clicks, It just persistent scanning. Later than the screen went empty, I had to unplug the iMac and start again. The console would not react to anything. After that while it go back to job, I attempted to add "/mach_kernel" to the application the require to be permitted to run devoid of interference, but even though I allowed seeing unseen files in finder, your app did not put in the view to any unseen files. It appears to me you should insert "/mach_kernel" as a particular to not interfere to as a given for any Mac OS X. I am quite certain that the conflict between the kernel and whichever part of your software attempted to block the kernel of scanning port caused a taut loop. Attached is the system log. I attempted to uninstall AVG but it seems to continue. Maybe you can tell me how to get rid of it or do I require reconstructing from the installation disk. I have completed this two times previously so I do know how to begin with a virgin system.

I require a few explanations regarding a couple things:
    1. What type of scan are you performing? A Norton Antivirus scan does not do any scanning of ports, so I am puzzled regarding the aware you were seeing.
    2. Where are you annoying to permit /mach_kernel? In the file navigation dialog, you should be able to put in unseen files through <command><shift>G that will permit you enter a path for example /mach_kernel.

AVG is not my product; I would attempt their website or support. Do they have a Mac product? If so, it could be contradictory with NIS. As well, I did not acquire your attachment.

About the initial part of your message, it sounds like you attempted to port scan your computer. I cannot actually say what occurred here, but I can say with complete confidence that we have blocked port scans in the long-ago fruitfully. Possibly you require telling me how the firewall is configured. Which settings did you select while you setup Norton Internet Security? You can as well post a screenshot of the window which came up during your scan. That would assist clarify things.