Thread: Screensaver stops after updating Norton 360 antivirus

Screensaver stops after updating Norton 360 antivirus

I was having Microsoft windows XP antivirus installed on my Dell Inspiron 6400 Laptop. Last night while browsing the internet, there was virus attack and due to this virus attack my operating system files got corrupted. My system was not restarting and I had to format my system so that it can start. At last I formatted my system and installed a fresh copy of Windows XP. I also installed Norton 360 antivirus on my system so that my system can be protected from virus attack. I also updated my Norton 360 antivirus with the latest updates. After updating my Norton 360 antivirus I am facing problem with my screensaver such that it has stopped. I need a solution so that I can troubleshoot this problem.

Re: Screensaver stops after updating Norton 360 antivirus

You should have an antivirus program that can protect your system from virus, adware, malware etc while browsing the internet. Norton 360 antivirus is the best antivirus software that can protect the system from malicious programs. If you have updated your Norton 360 antivirus with the latest updates and you are facing problem with it such that screensaver has stopped then you can easily troubleshoot it. You must have updated your Norton 360 antivirus with the corrupted antivirus. You need to download the latest updates of Norton 360 antivirus from the official website and update your antivirus. After updation with proper updates screensaver stopping problem will be solved.

I was facing problem with my screensaver after updating my Norton 360 antivirus. Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution I have downloaded the latest updates for my Norton 360 antivirus and updated it. After the updation my screensaver stopping problem was resolved and my system is working fine. I want to know that can I stop my screensaver timeout. If yes then provide me a solution so that I can stop screensaver timeout in my system.

You can stop your screensaver from timing out. The steps to stop the screensaver timeout are given below:
    1. You need to login into the system as administrator. After starting the system you need to go to start button and then select control panel.
    2. You need to open the display tab by double clicking on it. In the display tab you need to select screensaver tab.
    3. You can then select the type of screensaver that you want and then you need to go to control panel window. In the control panel window you need to select “Power Options”.
    4. You need to click on drop down arrow next to turn off monitor button and change the setting to never. Now the screensaver will be prevented from timing out.