Thread: I want to use Ironkey and Truecrypt on my system.

I want to use Ironkey and Truecrypt on my system.

I am having the Dell vostro laptop and using it from last few months. I have installed the windows 7 operating system on the Intel core i3 processor. Now the thing here is that I want to use the truecrypt to encrypt the data on the hard drive that I am using and also want to install the Ironkey on the same. It is possible please help me in this case and also let me how both of this works on. And also let me know whether it is possible to have both of them together.

Re: I want to use Ironkey and Truecrypt on my system.

Well it seems to me that you are trying to encrypt the hard drive that you have. And if this is so then the truecrypt is the best one. I have also used the same and it doing well for me. It has the functionality that will encrypt the data and will also protect it from the intruders. I mean to say that once it is encrypted then no one else can use your hard drive. The algorithm that is associated with the truecrypt is one of the best and also it is robust in nature.

According to me you will not face any problem in using both of them together. Now if you want to use the Ironkey on the encrypted hard drive then there is no issue. In fact I have seen lots of such users who are using Iron key on an encrypted drive. But the only thing that you have to keep in mind that if you is installing the ironkey on a encrypted drive then it must be from a trusted source and then only proceed for the installation.

Well I am also going through the similar phase, actually the thing here is that I have already encrypted the hard drive with the help of the truecrypt and then I have also installed the ironkey on the encrupted drive and now all the folders and files are seem to hidden. But the thing is that when I am trying to run the ironkey from the encrypted drive than it is not happening. I don’t know why it It is behaving such. Please help me in this case.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that you have try and run the ironkey in the decrypted mode. I just wanting to say that run the ironkey without encrypting the hard drive and if run well then it has to be the same in the encrypted mode also. And if it is not then you have to again install the ironkey on your system And if it isrunning properly in the decrypted mode then just do one thing encrypt the hard drive and then try and run the program in safe mode.