Thread: Cannot update NIS 18.5.0.125

Cannot update NIS 18.5.0.125

I have installed the Norton Internet Security in my computer. I am using this from last to month and so I think that it is outdated and therefore I want to update it to the version 18.5.0.125. I was using live update to update that but was not able to do that. It gives an error message while downloading updates and aborts the process of upgrade. I tried to do this many times but every time it comes up with the same result. Please tell me that how can I update that. Thank you very much in advance.

Re: Cannot update NIS 18.5.0.125

Very first thing that you need to in such condition is that to check the system date. If you do not have set the date to proper then it will have problem while downloading the updates as it reads wrong date from system. If that is the problem in your system then you can double click on the bottom right corner of the screen where you see the display time. It will open the settings for the time. Set it to correct date and time and save it. After doing that you can again try to update it. It will update it this time if it is due to improper time.

OK, you can check the date and correct that. If that is correct then you can try to run pi update tool. You can download it from here and install it to your system. Below are the steps that should be done in order to install it to your computer.
    1. First of all, download and save the file to your computer from above given link.
    2. Double click on piupdate.exe.
    3. Click on run when it shows you the Open File - Security Warning.
    4. Click on allow when User Account Control alert appears.
    5. Click on setup.
    6. Click on Ok when it shos you the message "Successfully completed update of Product Inventory...”

The problem that you are facing is quite clear. According to me the release for 18.5.0.125 as without a doubt with previous releases and it is a toggled release. Which means that its released is phased. Over the next day’s dissimilar users will take delivery of the update. You cannot do the update just by running live update. I hope that this will give you some idea about the update of it.

I think that the installed Norton in your system is corrupted and that is why you are facing the issues like this. You can try above things to solve the problem but if you get that this is not solving the problem for you then you can try to reinstall it again. Uninstall it completely from your computer and install that again. If any of the file in it is corrupted, then reinstalling will solve that problem.