Thread: Need a software for secure delete operation

Need a software for secure delete operation

I have been looking for a particular software that will delete my data in the hard disk quite securely. I am on a lookout of a software that will search the already deleted files in the hard disk and will help me recover it again. After searching the internet I came across a software called recuva. That did not help me much because it was not so effective. I am asking whether there are any other software's available that will help me delete the files securely in the hard disk. If you all have any ideas then do share it with me.

Re: Need a software for secure delete operation

If you ask me then I would definitely recommend you to go with the Directory Snoop. I found out it to be perfect and it has proved to be much effective for me. Especially because my computer is used by many of the users and sometimes my important data are deleted by them. So this particular software helps me recover the data by secure deletion. It allows to look behind the FAT and NTFS formatted disk drives and find the data for the recovery. So my recommendation would be to go with the directory snoop. It will definitely help you.

Hey thanks for the suggestion. I did not know that the Directory Snoop had the option of secure deletion. Although I came across this particular product when I was searching the internet but it did not mention anything. Anyways nice to hear from you that these software has the secured deletion option. So I will have a look on it again. Anyways any more such software then let me know. Do reply as soon as possible.

Well you can try with the eraser software. The plus point of the eraser software is that it is much faster than the other existing software’s easily available in the market. One negative point is that it does not search for the files which are already deleted In the HDD. Before running this software it will make a portion of the slack space in the HDD. So that the secured delete part will gets stored in that portion. The recover part is also very fast. So I would definitely recommend you to go with this one.

Well i think so i would stick to the snoop directory option. This is because it has the capacity to find all the deleted files in the hard disk which other software like eraser cannot do. So i thought of better sticking to the snoop directory. Thanks a lot for the efforts that you have put in to solve my issue. Well i was pretty confused about which software to select. since all the software where sounding pretty same to me. Thanks a lot for the suggestions.