Thread: How to protect the privacy of information when browsing the internet

How to protect the privacy of information when browsing the internet

I have the habit of using the privacy services like TOR, JonDoFox, Hotspot Shield and UltraVPN when I am browsing the internet. I have noticed this frequently that whenever I am trying to access the internet I lose the privacy connection and there is no anonymity. Due to which my ISP gets to know about the sites that I am browsing. So I wanted to ask is there any firewall that will not allow my browsing information to get delivered to the ISP. Well I don’t have a good knowledge about the firewalls. So I was hoping that you all can provide me with the necessary information.

Re: How to protect the privacy of information when browsing the internet

Well, I don't think so there are any particular firewalls that will help you with these because firewalls are used a s an effective tool against the different virus and malware. So I would suggest you to have a look over the internet and search for the various websites that will show you a step by step method to prevent your information from reaching to the ISP. I think so you must have a look at that websites, they will definitely guide you.

There are different methods for the Linux operating system as well as the windows operating system. If you are using the windows operating system then I can tell you something about the changes to be made to the VPN that you are using. Follow these steps and you will be able to get the desired result.
    1) First start with the connection of the VPN. Whatever interface settings you are having then do remember to save it.
    2) Clear out the cache of the DHCP and find out which one receives the DHCP updates.
    3) You must be clear with which of the adapter is the TAP/TUN adapter.
    4) Start converting all the DHCP entries which are not adapters into static address.
    5) The final step is to clear out the arp cache as well as the DNS Resolver cache again.
    Follow these steps and you will ensure that your browsing information privacy is not affected.

For the privacy of the browsing information I would definitely recommend Tor Browser Bundle. It is particular software which does not even require installation. So you can run it with the usb flash drive. It has a inbuilt browser. It will ensure that your information is secured and nobody from outside will get to know about your browsing information. Also it is compatible in all the major operating systems. So my advice would be to go with this product. Just try it and let me know if it works for you.

Hey thanks for the help every one. Your information was very useful. Well tried searching the internet and I was given various complicated steps which was beyond my understanding. So I turned here. I tried with the second solution but sadly I did not get the settings right. Hence I was not able to configure it properly. I found the tor browser as very interesting and a simple tool to carry on with my procedure. I did try with the tor browser and it definitely worked for me. I think so that was a much better piece of solution for me. Thanks a lot for the help.