Thread: Windows Vista SP2 and Norton 360 v4 compatibility

Windows Vista SP2 and Norton 360 v4 compatibility

I had bought the laptop for my brother and it was having Windows Vista SP 1 in it and was having the Norton 360 as the antivirus in there. He had never updated it and was having some issues here so he asked for my help. Well I thought that it will be great if I can get both of them updated so I installed the SP 2 pack for Windows Vista and I saw version 4 for Norton 360 so I just went for installation and let me tell you that there was no issue with the download and installation. After I rebooted the system I have seen that the laptop is not getting performing up to the mark and I have seen that when I try to see for some website using the Internet Explorer it just cannot be connected. Can you all here tell me what can be done here so that I can be out of this here?

Re: Windows Vista SP2 and Norton 360 v4 compatibility

Are you getting the issue with the Internet Explorer or is it like that you are getting the issue when you are trying for some other browser as well. Please download the latest version of the Mozilla Firefox and install it here on the system and then try to see if you can get an access here. Well; the thing is that you had pointed out the Internet access and hence I have asked you to see for this step here. Install it on the system of yours and see if you can access it here.

Did you go for Rebooting the system after you went for the installation of the Windows Update here. Well if you had not gone for the reboot then let me tell you that this can be the probable reason here for this issue. You need to reboot the system of yours after you install something really heavy on your system and hence I think that this may be causing you the issue here. Please try to see if you can again install the Antivirus in your case and then try to access the sites that you actually want.

Yes I am also of the same opinion and I would say that the clean installation of the Antivirus program will really help you with the situation that you are stuck here at the moment. Well in order to do this you will be required to make use of the Norton Removal Tool here and then see if you can proceed with the procedure that is required for uninstalling the Antivirus from the system of yours. Please see if you can go with the clean installation of this and then try for the things that I have mentioned here.

You are having the Norton 360 v 4 then let me tell you that it will be really great if you can just have Norton 360 v 5 that has been released here and I am of the opinion that it can make some difference here. The version 5 of this Antivirus is BETA and I just want to say that it will be great if you can have this solved here. Try this version of the software and let me know if this is really the thing here. Well that is what I can suggest at the moment.

You had the version two and you had jumped to the version 4 of the antivirus and it seems that this may be the issue for this. It may have happened that you might have installed the file of the newer program on top of the older one and hence you are getting the issue here. So I would say that it will be great if you can just get the missing files installed on your system here. Do one thing uninstall the Norton Antivirus using the Norton Removal Tool and then reinstall the antivirus here again. After you get this done without issue you can go with installing the update in the sequence that is required here. Please try this and let me know if this really helped you here. Hope that you like the solution here.