Thread: Old Identity Safe password will not Login

Old Identity Safe password will not Login

I have presently installed Norton Internet Security 2011 having had 2010 on my computer (running windows 7 home premium 64 bit) however at what time I attempt on the way to log into identity safe the password will not function. The prompt sign is the similar as for all time however it is not recognizing the password.I have also tried re-setting the account as well as re-creating a new one furthermore imports a backed up edition of the previous login information although it will not recognize that either, stating the file is in the incorrect format or else the password is incorrect.any ideas?

Re: Old Identity Safe password will not Login

First, it may be the possibility of malware. It is likely however if this is the just trouble you are having it is not likely on the way to be caused by that.I have as well by no means heard of a size limitation on the ID safe data.You look at the same time as if fairly know-how so I am not being as detailed as I usually performs. By all means if you require more particulars on whatever thing below, please allow me be familiar with.

I think there may be two separate possibilities are that there is a trouble by means of the Norton Internet Security installation or else that the ID safe data has in some way in reality become damaged.I will advise that you run a chkdsk /r on your C drive on the way to make certain there are no hard drive error that is causing this. If this discover troubles as well as accurate the ID safe problem, after that you be able to skip down to the section on the way to just perform the upgrade to Norton Internet Security 2010.

I will usually suggest running the Norton Removal Tool at this position however we be able to attempt to give up that for the instant furthermore attempt a usual uninstall of Norton Internet Security 2008 as well as install Norton Internet Security 2010. We be able to come back to the removal tool afterward if we require to.Please detach yourself from the Internet as well as uninstall Norton Internet Security 2008 as of from control panel.After that install Norton Internet Security 2010 by means of the complete edition you downloaded previous. Connect back to the Internet as well as run Live Update frequently (restart as ask for) till the time it inform that there are no further updates.

See if the NPM file is from February 2010 as well as you are not worried regarding losing passwords you have added from the time after that I will at first attempt on the way to reset the ID safe as well as restore from your NPM.
    If you are not capable to afford to lose those passwords after that I will advise doing a instruction manual backup of your ID safe data. Please NOTE that you may possibly have to acquire ownership of several directories in view of the fact that Windows be likely to block some directories in this region.