Thread: New released version of the trend micro rootkit busters

New released version of the trend micro rootkit busters

I am using a rootkit buster of trend micro. Let me tell you I am pretty much impressed with its features. I have a 2.8 version right now. I am thinking of upgrading it. So is there any new version which has come out in the market. I have come across several websites and they did not gave me much information. So that’s why I am asking you all. If there is any new version which has just launched in the market. Then do let me know about it.

Re: New released version of the trend micro rootkit busters

Yes the new version is released. The new version is the rootkit buster 3.60.1016. Let me tell you it is a much better than the previous one 2.8 or the 2.2 version . So if you are thinking of downloading it then you can easily get it in any of the trend micro website across the internet. You can download the trial version and see the compatibility with the system. If you are satisfied with its working then do download the latest full version. So I would definitely recommend you to go with this one.

Well even I would ask you to go with the latest version because it is new, much improved and faster than the previous version. Yes you are right that you cannot get the information in the websites because it is very new and some of the websites may not be having the downloadable version. So my advice would be to wait for sometime let the downloadable version come. Till than use the 2.8 version which you are already using.

I wanted to ask whether it will run on the windows 7 operating system. Mine is windows 7 64 bit operating system. As I have heard that the many of the new versions of the antivirus that come are compatible with the windows 7 operating system. Still I would like to confirm with you all and then only go with the latest version of the rootkitbuster. So if you all have any idea then please do let me know about it.

Well I don’t have much idea about the rootkit buster but if you are looking for a good antivirus software that will run fast in the windows 7 then I would recommend you to go with the FYI Kaspersky TDSSkiller. It runs in the windows 7 without any issue and removes the most dangerous rootkits like TDL3/4 rootkit with pretty ease and the main part of it is that it will not slow down the system. So if you are thinking of a good antivirus other than the rootkit buster of the trend micro then I would definitely recommend you to have a look over this kaspersky product. It will definitely impress you.