Thread: Cannot access iTunes after installing Norton Internet Security 2010

Cannot access iTunes after installing Norton Internet Security 2010

What is the issue with this Norton Internet Security 2010? I really cannot understand what the issue here is. I just cannot access iTunes after installing Norton Internet Security 2010. This issue started once I tried to install this version of Norton Antivirus. What can I do here so that I can be out of the issue? I tried to uninstall all the Apple software that I could but that too did not help in the situation here of mine. I tried to uninstall Quicktime but that too did not help in the situation that I am stuck here with. Every time I try to make contact with iTunes Store an error gets poped up. It just says that iTunes cannot make contact to the iTunes Store as the connection is timed out. It asks me to see for the network settings; I have checked for it twice but I have seen that the issue remains where it is. Is there anyone that can help me with the situation here? Any help in this matter will be really appreciated.

Re: Cannot access iTunes after installing Norton Internet Security 2010

See if you can find the solution here by following the steps that are mentioned here. Just go into Settings and under that see if you can get an entry to Network Settings. After that you will be required to go in Program Control. If you get through this then you will be required to configure and then append the iTunes.exe to program rules. See if this can help you there. If you are using the Internet Explorer then let me tell you that you will be required to put the website of iTunes to the trusted zone. In Internet Explore you will be able to make these amendments by entering the Tool options and then entering the Internet Options. Under this option you will be required to see for Security. Also see the History of Norton and see if it is actually blocking it here. Please try all this here and let me know if what I have said is correct here. Please let me get notified about the same.

Yes totally agreed to all the things that have been mentioned above and I am really of the opinion that Norton might be blocking iTunes and hence you are not able to get the way in the proper manner. You can just verify it and for that all you will be required to do is see for a way to disable the Firewall and then see if you can make the connection with iTunes Store. Sometimes it may happen that because of settings in the Firewall you may not get connected to some of the sites. Please make the necessary amendments and see if what I have said is correct. For doing the same you will be required to open the Norton Internet Security and then you will have to make an entry in Network Settings; after that you will be required to go in Smart Firewall and then in program Control. You will be required to allow iTunes there. Try this and see if you can make the contact after this.

Were you using some other antivirus on the system of yours prior to the Norton Internet Security 2010? If yes then please let me know by which method did you remove it from the system of yours? Well please let me know about this. Also in addition to that I want to know if you have the subscription left and if yes then I would suggest you to make a move to download and install the Norton Internet Security 2011 upgrade that is available for free here. Just try this here and see if this solves the issue of yours with the iTunes. Also please do come with the reply here and let me know about the same.

Always have seen this type of message with slow dial-up Internet connection. The scenario here is such that iTunes on slow dial-up Internet connection do not work that efficiently. If this is not the thing in your case and you have a high internet speed then you can try to go in Help and then you can RUN DIAGNOSTICS there when next time you come across this type of error. In addition that I would also like you to see that you check Network Connectivity Test as well. Also see if you can just Clear the DNS cache and see if that can help a bit. For that you will be required to bring up the Run Window on the screen. In the Window that pops up you will be required to type cmd. Once you get the Command Prompt you will have to type ipconfig /flushdns there. Please make a point that you place a space after you type ipconfig. Try for all the things that I have mentioned here and let me know if I was correct here.

I think that it will be great idea if you can just have the Norton Internet Security 2010 re-installed on the system of yours. Please do this. As I think that while installing the antivirus there must have been some file that must have not been installed and hence are causing you the issue here. Well try this. Also please before going with this see if you can check for the issues with the internet connection of yours. Or else reinstalling the things here will really not make any difference. For uninstalling Norton Internet Security I would suggest you to make use of the Norton Removal tool as it will help you with the proper removal of this antivirus and once you get this removed then only go for installing the antivirus on yours system.