Thread: What are the components of Security Policy?

What are the components of Security Policy?

Hello friends, I wanted to what are the components of the security policy? Is it useful to use security policy? Even, if we use what benefit will it provide? There are how many types of components in security policy? How it is implemented? Does it have any specific boundaries or limits or not? If anyone aware of this query then please let me know.

Re: What are the components of Security Policy?

I think that security policy is a reply to violation that is been used in the internet. It certainly has limits and sets boundaries which have its own function and its behavior. It is a pillar for organization where the prefer security very much. Without security policy, one cannot achieve security in any organization. In most of the organization you will find security policy. This is because the security which they use should have certain boundaries, behavior and a reply to those who are violating the security.

I also agree that security policy plays a major role in the security. Well, there are many components of security policy such as an Accountability Policy, Privacy Policy. Availability statement, Information Technology System & Network Maintenance Policy, Violations Reporting Policy and may more policy are there which have its own boundaries in terms of security. The best part of the components of security policy is that it describes the regions for administrator, users and also the management.

I think that it can be implemented with system administration or you can have some other suitable methods which can be implemented. One more important thing to note about security policy is that it must be suitable or you can say that enforceable with security tools which are very much required. It should also be sanctioned you must be also aware that what the actual prevention is actually not a technically feasible.

One of the important components of security policy is supporting information which offers staff, user, management, which drop a line the information for every type of violation. It also provides proper instructions on how to manage the outside queries regarding a security incident. I think that this component of security policy is very much important among the other component of security policy.