Thread: Viruses corrupts anti-virus software

Viruses corrupts anti-virus software

My computer is running under Windows XP. I am trying to install the macfee antivirus on my system but there is on virus which corrupts it immediately after installation of that. I cannot scan the system. This is happening to me from last one week and I have already tried many things to solve this problem from my side but cannot solve the issue. I have already tried to uninstalling and installing it again but it gives me the same result. Please help me friends.

Re: Viruses remove anti-viruses again

Have you tried to install that in safe mode? According to me you should install that in safe mode. Restart your computer and while it is loading the operating system, keep on pressing F8 key. This will show you one of the options as safe mode. Select that and press enter. This will start the pc in safe mode. Install the antivirus in safe mode and scan the system with that. Delete all the files from the computer that is detected as infected. Now reboot the system and start computer in normal XP mode. This can let you out f the issue.

Is it necessary to use the same antivirus? If that is the case then you should install any other antivirus temporarily and scan the entire system with that. Delete all the infected files. After that you can uninstall the antivirus and install the one which you want. Keep your antivirus updated to avoid any such problem in future. This is the simple trick that you can try to resolve this problem. I hope that this will help you.

You may be using the corrupted setup to install antivirus. To confirm that, you can take a different setup copy of the software and try to install it with that. You can search for this on internet and download it from there. Install it on your system. It will definitely solve the issue if it is related to the corrupted setup. I am giving this advice to you because it was the case when I was getting the similar issue and this solves the problem for me.