Thread: Transferring Norton Internet Security 2010 to new computer

Transferring Norton Internet Security 2010 to new computer

On my old windows XP PC, I presently have Norton Internet Security 2010 with 350 days remain on subscription. Norton Internet Security 2010 was downloaded and setup as a free upgrade to my Norton Internet Security 2008 for which I have a CD and Key no. I am currently informed that I am qualified for a free upgrade to 2011. In 3 weeks, I will be putting back the old windows XP with a novel Windows 7 computer. Can I transfer my Norton Internet Security 2010 upgraded version, along with the 350 days subscription, to the novel computer and if so, afterward upgrade to the free Norton Internet Security 2011 Or, download the free upgrade to 2011 on the old windows XP and after that move to the novel computer?

Re: Transferring Norton Internet Security 2010 to new computer

You will wish to setup the present Norton Internet Security (NIS) on the novel computer and activate it with the KEY which has the days remain unexpired. If you receive a message about exceeding the allowable number of activations contacts consumer Support and they will sort it out with no troubles. Your most excellent bet will be to download NIS 2011 from Google. This will download a solitary file of approximately 90 MB that you should save on your hard drive where you can utilize it another time if essential. Do not choose Run but utilize Save while asked and remember where you place it. This will provide you a solitary file which you can run to setup. I prefer to right mouse click and select Run as Administrator to get important rights.

I downloaded the NIS 2011 as you suggest and put it on my peripheral backup drive to afterward install on the novel computer. Even though it was single file, it came in two parts. I will pursue your suggestion to place the NIS 2010 on the novel computer utilizing the key which I have from my 2008 version. I came across a associated post in which it wrote I was getting a novel computer, it took me a year to truly do it I currently have a Dell Studio XPS 8100 7 core 64 bit and a 24 inch UltraSharp monitor sitting here, I won't do anything with it until later than New Year's. Thank you for your assist and the information, it is truly appreciated.

It is been a extended time since I have downloaded that NIS 2011 but I thought it was just a distinct file, except a download manager was maybe involved. Keep an eye open here for an announcement that I imagine will be posted while 18.5 goes live on that few download site. That will save you numerous updating since I observe they jumped 4 decimal version numbers! And you have to reboot for the period of the update. So, if you can start with the 18.5 it will be faster, and I believe more likely to be problem free.

The NIS 2011 download just appeared to persist onto another download window not at all seen this take place but the whole thing looks okay, if not, I can always download another time. Thank you for the heads up on the most recent NIS 2011 version. I will look out for it. I feel I will be okay with 64 bit. I knew my HP All in One printer, scanner, fax was questionable so I purchased a novel Epson All in One. My old computer is a Dell acquired in 2003. So many of the software was due for refreshing. My novel computer has full Roxio on it, and I acquired the most recent Photoshop Elements. I actually went untamed.