Thread: Cannot scan with Panda

Cannot scan with Panda

I am using the Panda antivirus from any months and that was working well and providing me full protection against the external threads. But from last few days, it is not able to scan any file, folder or drive. Whenever I try to do that then it will give me some error messages. This is the first time it is giving such messages. If you have any idea about this issue then please tell me that. I am thinking to change the antivirus.

Re: Cannot scan with Panda

Your antivirus setup is seems to be corrupted. You do not need to change the antivirus. Just uninstall the antivirus that you are using currently and install it again. This will create all the new files and you will be able to use that again. If that is also not working then you can search for the new setup and install that. There are more chances that the problem will get resolved if you use the fresh copy of the setup.

I think that your antivirus is needed to be updated. Do you have internet connection? If yes the right click on the panda icon from the system tray and it will show you various options. One of the options will be as update. Select that option and this will start to update the antivirus. After completion give a normal reboot you your system and this will solve the problem for you if it is due to outdated database.

You can do the following to solve this problem.
    1. First of all, open antivirus and go protection settings.
    2. Choose identified threats from left column and click on the settings in part "Threats to detect and exclude".
    3. Now open "Directories" tab and click on Add.
    4. Choose the folder to keep out c:\system volume information and click on “ > ” button.
    5. You have to do similar in the Scan tab settings

The version of the software which you are using may be very old so you are facing the problems like this. My suggestion to you is to uninstall the one installed on your system currently and search for the latest version of it on internet. I you found the one then you can download it. Install it on your system and this can let the problem out. Don’t think to change the antivirus because it is one of the best antivirus I have ever used and I am also using the same right now.

The best way to know the reason for this is to contact the panda support. Ask them for the issue that you are facing. I am quite sure that you will get the perfect answer from there. They are the experts and they know that what are the possible issues that can happen with that and the appropriate solution for this. This is the safest way to solve the issue.