Thread: Unable to log in to the Identity Safe after clicking on Norton Internet Security update

Unable to log in to the Identity Safe after clicking on Norton Internet Security update

Hello friends, I cannot able to login to the Identity safe mode even after performing the clack on the Norton Internet Security. Can somebody please inform me why the update which was provided by the Norton for updating 2010 to 2011 wash out my profile so that I can't log into Identity Safe with my right password? Please help me!

Re: Unable to log in to the Identity Safe after clicking on Norton Internet Security update

Do you have any additional security software installed besides the Norton Internet Security? Also is the whole thing functioning correctly through Norton Internet Security 2010 prior to the upgrade? Furthermore thing is that after you updated the system to the NIS 2011 have you restart the machine? If not, then better try to do this and then check if the difficulty still arises. When you performed the updating to 2011, how did you done the upgrading? Did you uninstall 2010 initially or allow the install of 2011 handle it mechanically? If you uninstalled 2010 initially, was something also completed in preparation for upgrading to 2011? Hope these questions will help you to show you the right direction. Hope this helps.

Re: Unable to log in to the Identity Safe after clicking on Norton Internet Security update

What you do is try to navigate to the directory called C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Engine\18.1.0.37. After that execute the program that you want into this directory which is known as the "coExport.exe". Now this program backs up Identity Safe data in apparent text CSV format so save it in a safe place for the reason that if it works your passwords would be noticeable in clear text. It will request for your Identity Safe password, enter it and then check if it is recognized. Hope it will assist you.

If you have any kind of the complexity while navigating to the location then I will recommend you to search for the IdentitySafeDataStore. Also you should have to change the given below options which is there in the similar place: Clear the checkmark for "Hide Extensions for known file typesā€¯, Clear the checkmark for "Hide Protected operating system files", ensure "Show hidden files, folders and drives". After if it is completed with this options then I would suggest altering these back to their present settings.