Thread: Virus unable to detect properly

Virus unable to detect properly

Hi friends, yesterday I got the virus through the Facebook by means of an email. When I go after the page including the download link to that malware, the download intelligence noticed it as a possible threat and quarantined it. Afterward, when I re-downloaded that similar malware file with the help of the Orbit download manager, it slipped past all defenses, and is located on my desktop ever since after that. It's not being noticed by Norton Internet Security 11 at all. I have presented this file at virustotal.com, and it's a definite threat. Any idea, what to do?

Re: Virus unable to detect properly

I must just say to you that that, your product is becoming ordinary gradually. It just confirms the well-liked saying, "what goes around comes around." You guys used to create fun of Microsoft Security Essentials, and appear as what is occurring at the moment. Microsoft Security Essentials is noticing more than Symantec, and that is of extremely no charge.

The Download Intelligence performs with unlike download clients in dissimilar ways. Nearly all of the browsers are now support and the file would be scanned the instant it is downloaded. Additional download sources such as the P2P clients, FTP clients, etc. do NOT activate an instant scan the moment the file is downloaded other than rather a Download Intelligence scan when the file is performed. Orbit download manager is not carried yet in the next case, so the file would be scanned through File Insight as well as AutoProtect functions WHEN (and if) you perform the file. You may present the file to Symantec.
    Last edited by Pabloa; 25-12-2010 at 02:19 AM.

I think it might be almost certainly, because of the Orbit, it is not 'covered' by Download Insight, not have the information about the source of it, which it had in the recognition you talk about. At the present, if you had not anything to misplace, you might try performing it to check whether SONAR would grasp it, but I would recommend against it. Post the ThreatExpert analysis if you could, let's observe what it do while it is performed.

The majority informative of all Anti Virus-Comparatives tests, the entire Product Dynamic check did not comprise Microsoft current year, for several cause. This makes it very complicated to assess how Microsoft Security Essential charges against additional products in a further real-worldly situation. Previous year Microsoft Security Essential did fairly fine so it is too terrible that it was not incorporated this time roughly. This year F-Secure accomplish the top spot above Norton by the slimmest of limitations; Norton in fact flagged additional threats but simply got a half-point credit on every of the detections that access a user option before mechanical elimination.

jhonas Guest

You must update your norton internet secuirity 11 . sometime it happens, your security is not downloded properly!!