Thread: How to install and update private firewall

How to install and update private firewall

I am college student and studying computer science and I want to know what is the firewall exactly use for and its it necessary for each computer and also want to know how can I check my firewall l working and if I have more than one computer then is it necessary to have firewall in each computer? I want to know about how to use multiple firewall and where is it used? Can I create my own private firewall and how can I update it? If anyone has idea then please replied me.

Re: How to install and update private firewall

As per my knowledge firewall handles network traffic, blocking or allowing it as per rules you give .This can be a extraordinary function running on your computer and connection between computer and internet. It should be always on for protection from malware which came from internet. It should be updated regularly for protecting your computer with new viruses and spywares. It has pop up message window which you can see when your computer detects any malicious threat from internet. So it indefinitely beneficial and need for each computer.

As you had asked about the multiple firewall so I can tell you that if you are using single computer for home use then avoided using multiple firewall. In software firewalls only one can run in your computer at the onetime otherwise two firewalls has more chances of crashing and keep your system unsecured.Multiple fire walls are hardware firewall and it only used in condition like using more than one router are connected in one after another. It will offer additional security. But its installation and up gradation is time consuming and suggesting to not used in single home computer.

I don’t about how to installed private firewall but I know what is the benefits of that. Private firewall can manage your software's Internet access. You able to make a reliance website list and a blocked that website. You able to identify at what security stage your software contact these websites. The most important objects you can modify include how your firewall handles your software. You can permit or refuse each one program contact to the Internet.

I having some idea about private firewall that it’s simple to use. The outlook screens were sensitive. But after two days of Internet access, I never saw any traffic in the firewall log view. Also this log was not working correct or you unsuccessful to set it up correctly. One confusing division the program has an image of a police officer holding a stop symbol; at first look I consideration this was the "stop all access" switch. But this police button simply displays in order about the recent software version.