Thread: Payload in the Virus

Payload in the Virus

I am a networking student , I think my system is prone to virus attacks , I am not quite aware of the security system in the network. I know that internet is a a very useful resource , but it is also a big source of virus attack. I am quite a bit interested in knowing about the virus in depth , how exactly they attack a system and what about the payload in the virus that is there in the virus.

Re: Payload in the Virus

I am aware a bit of this virus attacks , you are absolutely correct when you say that internet is the biggest source of Virus . If talked about the structure of the of the Virus, it contains a replicator and a payload . A payload includes an executable code that includes a program that enters in the program files and that code form the payload is executed to do the actual damage. A payload is an essential part of a virus .

The payload is what the computer virus is intended to function. Some viruses do not do anything but just copy there executable codes into another system, much like a genuine virus does from system to system t. This is the normal payload that a virus can posses . However, now like viruses in character, some computer malware have a greater impact - maybe they take files or data or allow some unauthorized people to take control over the system while others will damage essential data from the system .

The payload is what the computer virus is intended to function. Some viruses do not do anything but just copy there executable codes into another system, much like a genuine virus does from system to system t. This is the normal payload that a virus can posses . However, now like viruses in character, some computer malware have a greater impact - maybe they take files or data or allow some unauthorized people to take control over the system while others will damage essential data from the system .

There are a different categories of Viruses , as said in the previous posts a virus can have more than one payload in them . It depends on the category of the Virus and there is a replicator that is dependent in the . When the code in the payload is executed it triggers the replicator part of the Virus and then later on the Virus multiplies i numbers.