Thread: Accessing Linksys router setup page

Accessing Linksys router setup page

I was having a home network and I am connected to my home network by making use of cable modem with my laptop which is having Microsoft windows XP service pack1 operating system installed on it. My home network working was working fine. Now I have moved away from home and purchased a Linksys wireless router and wireless card for my laptop. I want to access the Linksys router page but I am unaware of the steps to access it. I need a solution describing the steps to access the router setup page.

Re: Accessing Linksys router setup page

With the help of the Linksys router you can connect to your home network or internet very easily. You can access the router setup by following the steps given below:
    You need to login into the system as administrator. Then you need to go to Start/Control Panel/Network connections.
    In the Network connections windows you need to select status. Then go to the "SUPPORT" tab and check the computer default gateway.
    Open the internet browser and enter the default gateway and press the enter key. New window will open which will ask for user name and password.
    You need to leave the username blank and if you have set password then you need to enter it. The default password is “admin”.
    After entering username, password and pressing the enter key the router setup page will open.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution I have followed each and every step and the setup page was accessible to me. I want to change the default password of my Linksys router which is by default set to "admin". I need a solution through which I can change the password of my Linksys router for security reasons so that nobody can access the router.

The default Login i.e. Username is blank and password is set to “admin” in the Linksys router. If the default login information is not changed then anyone can easily get access to your router. You can change the default password of the Linksys router and set a new password easily. The steps to change the password in Linksys router are given below:
    You need to access the router setup page. After accessing the router setup page you need to select “Administrator” tab. In the administrator tab you need to select "MANAGEMENT" sub-tab.
    In the router password textbox you need to type a new password. Also you need to reenter the same password in the "RE-ENTER TO CONFIRM" textbox.
    Click on “save settings” button and now your router is having the new password.