Thread: Many items have disable protection with Spyware Blaster

Many items have disable protection with Spyware Blaster

I have installed the Spyware Blaster and using this from last one month. By this time, it does not show me any problem regarding anything. But yesterday I observed that one of the items was unchecked from the Restricted Sites. I attempted to turn the Restricted Sites off and after that turned it on again. This time extra items would not check. I ran the Spyware Blaster again to confirm then I found that the 2925 items would not check. I have tried everything that I know to solve this problem but cannot resolve this. Virus scan through Avira does not demonstrate any troubles on computer. Can you please tell me that what can be the problem with that and how can it be solved?
    Last edited by Wali; 23-12-2010 at 05:44 AM.

Re: Many items have disable protection with Spyware Blaster

This seems to be by an infection in a current Avira AntiVirus Personal update. It is probable to stop the buggy constituent of Avira AntiVir Personal, and carry on using the other products. Go to the steps below and see whether it solves the problem or not?
    1. First of all click on the link for "Configuration" from main screen and this will open the configuration panel.
    2. Now click the "Expert mode" option.
    3. Click on General > Security.
    4. Uncheck "Protect files and registry entries from manipulation" option.
    5. Click on OK.
    6. Restart your computer.

Once you are done with these steps then it will resolve the problems for you.

I think that there is some problem with the avira that you are using. You can try the steps suggested above and if it works for you then it is fine but if it does not help you then you can uninstall the Avira from your computer and in place of that, you can use any other antivirus software. There are many available on internet freely. Just download any of them and install it to your computer. I wish that this will solve the problem for you.

I would like to tell you that current update of Avira AntiVir Personal is producing many issues with the additional programs installed on Windows XP. These problems might apparent themselves while running SpywareBlaster like the an incapability to verify for updates and An incapability to allow the entire protection. Further applications are exaggerated by this problem in Avira also including Microsoft Visual Studio 2008/2010.

Have you tried to re install the Spyware Blaster? I am asking this to you because it is possible that some of the files for the Spyware Blaster are corrupted and that is why it is showing you bugs like this. So uninstall it totally from your computer and reboot the system. After rebooting, install Spyware Blaster again. If possible then this time install it with a fresh copy of the setup.