Thread: Eset detecting itself as a virus

Eset detecting itself as a virus

I have recently upgraded my laptop with the latest version of the eset 4.2.67. Now after upgrading to this version i have started noticing an unusual thing in my laptop. The eset is detecting its own components as virus. Whenever i run a total scan of my system, it is showing me this result. Module Real-time file system protection - Threat Alert triggered on computer xxxxxxxx: C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Mozilla Thunderbird\Components\eplgTb.dll contains a variant of Win32/Kryptik.AMQ Trojan. So i wanted to ask why is this happening. Is this any real kind of problem with the ESET. Any solutions would really help me. Please do reply as soon as possible.

Re: Eset detecting itself as a virus

Well this sounds quite strange, it seems that the particular antivirus itself has got affected by the domination of the virus in your system. So the best way to tackle with such type of situations is that you have to report this error to the ESET people and they will let you know what can be the possible solution. However the kryptik Trojan seems to be a very old signature of the antivirus. It should not affect the working. Anyways you try contacting the support team of ESET they will help you.

Well it seems that a particular file or program of the antivirus has been tampered. That's why the Trojans are able to get into the library or the database of the particular antivirus program. So that's why on scanning its detecting it. The solution can be to uninstall the particular antivirus program and install some other antivirus program such as e scan, avast, Norton. Do try it will work out for you.

Well i would like to ask how is it possible that its file can be tampered, i have just upgraded to the latest version. Also my earlier version which was 4.0.xx did not gave me any such errors. It used to display everything perfectly. It would detect all the viruses in the system and accordingly delete it. So why on upgrading it is giving me such error. As of now i am not thinking of changing my antivirus. I will report this problem to the ESET people and wait for their solution.