Thread: ESET Mail Security and user spam whitelisting

ESET Mail Security and user spam whitelisting

I am thinking of changing my antivirus to ESET Mail Security and we are also opting for the antispyware with the existing antivirus. Now what i want from the new antivirus is that i must be able to place a particular email address of a particular sender in the whitelist without asking the administrator to do so. With my existing antivirus i could possibly keep the copy of the address in the whitelist and the spam filter would check it periodically and add it to the whitelist. What i want is that, is there any mechanism in the ESET that will allow me to add the whitelist addresses on my own. Without the administrator permission. So any idea do let me know as soon as possible.

Re: ESET Mail Security and user spam whitelisting

If you ask me then i would say yes, it definitely gives you the option of the whitelist to the users. ESET gives you the option of adding the contacts in the white list, as well as editing the contacts in the whitelist also removing the names in the whitelist. So i think i have provided you with the necessary information. If you want more information on that particular feature than i would definitely recommend you to visit any of the ESET websites. They will be able to provide you more information on your query.

Well reading about this issue i found out that even i have been facing an issue which is similar to the above one. Now i have read in the several ESET websites and they have spoken about the client security. I wanted to know what about the exchange server security. I have tried entering the domain name in the white list but it did not gave me any desired result. The same thing i tried entering in the blacklist still i did not find any results. Anyone can help me with these one.

Well if you ask me i can say that the anti spams configuration is stored in the spamcatcher.conf file. The list of the approved domains are specified in the approved_domain_list parameter in the spamcatcher.conf. So all the domains specified in the header of the mail body will be added directly to the white list. So in order to make it work you must use the global approved list in the approved sender file. You can try out with this one. Hopefully you will get it.

Looking at the above information i also thought of doing some research work. So i went and found the blockedsender and approvedsender file. I just want to confirm that the domain list only checks the body of the domain and not the header. So if there is no signature of the domain or the address in the body then it would not be scanned and will be immediately put in the black list of the domain.