Thread: Is it a good idea to exclude temp folders from scanning

Is it a good idea to exclude temp folders from scanning

I am usinga quite a bit of applications in my computer. Such as utorrent. These type of applications move into the different directory after they have finished with the download work. Now these kind of application requires a lot of temporary folders to store in the temporary files. Once the download work of the application is done the directory is changed to the different location. So is it necessary to scan the temp folders while performing the scan. These temp folders usually take a lot of time during the scanning work. So i usually avoid scanning them. So is it a good idea by not scanning them or is it necessary to scan temp folders. Please suggest something.

Re: Is it a good idea to exclude temp folders from scanning

If you ask me i would say that it is a bad idea of not scanning the temp files or the folders. Yes it may be a bit time consuming. The risk part of keeping the temp files is that it will allow the malwares to get an access to the system. How it can access the system, the process is very simple. Once you open the browser, the particular threat will not move to the downloaded folder but it will get directly updated from he temp folder and if you don't scan the temp folder then what can be the risk is that the particular threat file will be there in the temp folder and you will be not be knowing it. So it is always better to scan a temp folder.

I completely agree with the above user. I think its better to scan the temp folders. I agree with what you are saying that the files will be moved to the particular file or folder once it is downloaded, but the other files which are left can prove dangerous, it can give rise to peer to peer file sharing which is becoming a huge threat these days. So it is better to avoid these types of mistakes. My advice would be to delete the temp folders after a particular session. So that there is no risk involved.

OK i understood the potential risk behind these and i am thinking to scan the temp folder as well and not keep it in the exclusion list. Well got to know about the threats from your information. I was not knowing that temp folders can also b a great amount of risk for my system. However thanks for your suggestions. I have decided to clean up the temp folders after some particular intervals. So that the threat will not get into my system anymore.