Thread: How to recover lost, partially known DriveCrypt password

How to recover lost, partially known DriveCrypt password

I hope that it would be a small problem because I could not afford any large problem. My system uses DriveCrypt 4. The problem is have encrypted one file (abc.dcv). Now I couldn’t able to decrypt it because I forgot the password. How can I recover that password from DriveCrypt. Is there any kind of software that I can make use of to use with DriveCrypt and recover passwords? Is there any kind of brute force method to reveal it? The important thing is I have some clue about that password and that is 4 letters along with ‘e’ as last letter. I am sure about this. Please help me with this.

Re: How to recover lost, partially known DriveCrypt password

Do you have any technique about the brute force, if don’t know then it is out of your choice. It is silly thing that you can’t even remember the 4 letter password. Try by adding different guesses. Otherwise search on dictionary or Google for a 4 letter word which ends with ‘e’. I think you can make use of other windows versions of password recovery tool. I am not sure whether they will work along with DriveCrypt.

I think you should look into the DriveCrypt itself for some option to recover passwords which were created by using the same. There must be a password recovery option in DriveCrypt. I saw this feature in several encryption softwares. The plan carry out a purported "brute-force attack", annoying every single one of the achievable groupings of characters, in anticipation of the accurate keyword is originate. As of the mathematical end of vision, the program executes a massive quantity of process, to be precise n^k tasks; where n is the extent of the character set, and k is the span of the password.

What version of Drivecrypt you are using? I heard that there is one version of this software which will provide the password recovery feature. DriveCrypt Plus Pack Enterprise offers offline password recovery. In the occasion a consumer fails to remember his or her password or is not talented to effectively validate, an administrator forbidden recovery code able to be engendered and exploited. The client machine does not include being associated to the LAN or WAN or encompass a straight link with the comfort for password recovery. The information can be distributed in excess of the phone or a different standard. The client is then required to modify their password following effectively substantiated with the admin recovery code.

As far as I know DRIVECRYPT permits administrators or power users by means of the master password, to right to use an encrypted disk still if the client has failed to remember his user password. This guarantees that a corporation can recover a client password if lost or changed. DriveCrypt avoids failure of precious information from client’s workstations, PC and notebooks by means of allocating three techniques of encrypted information entrée: the Master Password, user password (key file) and/or hardware device access for instance possible fingerprint-/Smartcard Readers or USB Token devices.

My best choice is RAR Password Recovery. It provides evidence to be an efficient technique to expose missing or elapsed passwords. Its uncomplicated, tabbed boundary obviously symbolizes the three major password recovery alternatives: Brute-Force, Boost-Up, and Dictionary. Each one advance confirmed victorious in our experiments, even though the demo confines passwords to three fonts. Expediently, you can keep password recovery settings in assignments for prospect use. Whilst it can barely grip single file layout, but I think it is possible with other type of files also.