Thread: Windows 7 RC: Network printer not printing via TCP/IP

Windows 7 RC: Network printer not printing via TCP/IP

Hello guys, I have a HP D1300 printer although it is not the latest but it is really perform the good quality of job and is very cost effective to work with it, the difficulty here I get is l am not able to not print with the help of the TCP/IP, I can ping it and no trouble. I had also tried it on the Vista OS but it never worked with vista with TCP/IP, Also that when I initially tried it with the help of the Windows 7 Beta it worked for me, but now on RC edition I have the similar condition as of which was there with Vista OS. I have tried the different ports for this printer into the port system and in generic and get the identical outcome. Please help me what can I do it to print via the TCP/IP. Thanks in advance!

Re: Windows 7 RC: Network printer not printing via TCP/IP

Please confirm that does your printer connect to certain other computers or routers? At this period, I recommend you to plug the printer to Windows 7 system straightforwardly for a check. Also first you should have to make sure that your printer is working well? If not, please let me know. or else, I recommend you refer to the following things to share a printer. File and Printer Sharing in Windows Vista. Configuring the file and printer sharing performance in Windows Vista implies the following: keep in mind that the Setting the workgroup name has to be similar as the other computers system. Secondly you should have to set the network location type and also you should have to Enable file and printer sharing options. Hope this helps.

In most of the operating system, the Add Printer Wizard may not get exist or get appeared to you. Then at that time, what you do is just go to the control panel through the Start button from the Windows desktop and from that open the Printer Wizard. After that select the ‘Network Printer’ page and get through the ‘TCP/IP’ page and complete the supplementary steps in that wizard. Hope this will help you.

The most frequent method to install a printer on to a network is to set up it as a separate device in the network and then after that you can add a connection to the printer on every computer system which is located onto the network. There are mostly the three types of connections are present. We can make use of the wireless printer, that you can attach straightforwardly to the network and you can attach more than one printer straightforwardly to the network. For linking a printer, very firstly you should have to click onto the ‘Start’ button and from that click to the ‘Control Panel’. After that, tick on to the ‘Hardware and Sound’ options and then click on to the ‘Printer’. Now from the toolbar, you need to just click on to the ‘Add a Printer’ and click ‘Add Printer Wizard’ and choose ‘Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer‘and after that get through the steps in wizard.