Thread: How can I able to provide extra stealth by using the network card rootkit

How can I able to provide extra stealth by using the network card rootkit

I just purchased the network card for the internet connection. And I came across with new thing that network card rootkit provides the extra stealth. so I want to know whether does really provides or not if so then please let me know. I also want to know that it is possible to place the backdoor rootkit on the network card. As my friend told me, so is it possible on my network card. So how can able to place the backdoor rootkit on the network card. So anyone knows properly how to do it or this is a fake stuff.

Re: How can I able to provide extra stealth by using the network card rootkit

But this would moreover want a break as well as go into or a bit (like stuxnet) to slump the firmware and flash the network card. And there is no talk about whether the develop is incomplete to Gigabyte Ethernet Network Extreme PCI Ethernet cards. That all look likely for an spying situation. on the other side of course those network cards could be transport to the ending user previously having such backdoor, and who acquainted with if it is not previously. as it sounds it would be tremendously hard to track as well as make out does this help out. Cannot say properly I m bit confuse.

I don't recognize is why network card manufacturer are not anxiously re-establish all flashable devices? Most of this could be keeping away from by necessitate a switch or jumper modify to facilitate flashing. Best would be temporary switches that facilitate flashing for some small period of instance. After that, there be supposed to be a technique do a checksum test on the firmware to confirm the edition. Manufacturers don't akin to firmware to be understandable but if it's not you can't authenticate security. Now if the firmware surrounds a rootkit straight from the factory.

The method opens the opportunity of planting a surreptitious rootkit that lives inside the network card, a move toward that gives possible miscreants numerous advantages over conventional backdoors. Chief among these is that there will be no trace of the rootkit on the operating system, as it is being secreted inside the network interface card."The network card natively wants to carry out direct memory access (DMA) accesses, so that network structure can be swap over among the driver as well as the device," Delugré give details. "From the firmware point of view, the whole thing is operated using particular dedicated tool registers, several of them being non-documented. An invader would then be capable to converse distantly with the rootkit in the network card and obtain contact to the essential operating system thanks to DMA."