Thread: Slow share on Windows server

Slow share on Windows server

My problem is that the server share writes slowly to a crawl that is having NOD32 real-time protection. If file system protection is put out of action or the share barred then the speeds start again to usual. I am not able to guess that what the problem with that is. I tried many things from my side to solve this issue but all of that was not useful for me. I will really appreciate if anyone can give the reason or solution for this. Thank you very much in advance.

Re: Slow share on Windows server

You may be using the older version of the NOD 32 which is the reason for the slow share on the server. You should search for the latest version of the NOD32 on web. Download and install it to your computer. I am saying this to you because I was also facing the similar problem and when I updated to the latest version then it solves the problem for me. You should also try this and I hope that it will do the same for you.

Speed for the share is also depending on the type of the file that you are sharing. lf it is a single file with large size then it will not take much time but if it is a file which has many files then it will take long time to copy or to access. So check the file or the folder that you wish to share on the network. This is the basic thing that you should know about the file transfer.

There is a supported hotfix from Microsoft. Though, this hotfix is anticipated to fix many of the issues related with this. Apply this hotfix simply to systems which is facing this particular trouble. This hotfix may get supplementary testing. Thus, if you are not harshly exaggerated by this trouble, we advise that you stay for subsequently software update which holds this hotfix. So download this and use this. This will definitely solve the problem for you.

You can try the things suggested above and if you find that the problem is not getting solved then you have to make a separate service request. The normal support costs will be relevant to added support questions as well as problem which do not succeed for this precise hotfix. For an entire list of Microsoft Customer Service as well as Support telephone numbers otherwise to make a separate service request, you can visit the Microsoft Web site.