Thread: Want to perform AIS Firewall Configuration

Want to perform AIS Firewall Configuration

Anybody have any information on Avast Internet Security FW configurations? At the present time I have it set to Work/Medium Risk Zone for my home network, I feel like this may be too lax particularly in a mobile environment on my laptop. Any instructions on how to correctly configure as well as utilize the AIS FW?so please help me out what I have to do. Please………..

Re: Want to perform AIS Firewall Configuration

There are a number of configuration steps you must perform to utilize an AIS connection type. And these are as follows:
    1. First of all you have to Configure the Internet port on the Advantage Database Server
    2. And then go to the specified port on the firewall
    a. Advantage uses UDP/IP by default
    b. Clients be able to configured to utilize TCP/IP observe the help file for more details.
    3. After that arrange an Advantage Data Dictionary (ADD) to connect to Internet.
    4. make users by means of Internet access
    5. after that insert INTERNET_IP as well as INTERNET_PORT setting taking place the client side
    6. at the last after doing all this you have to attach a drive letter mapping for the client to utilize

Firewall configuration is definite to the firewall that you are utilizing in your setting. Make sure that the port is open during the firewall for traffic in as well as out of the network. The default protocol is UDP/IP; though, the server is able to communicate by means of TCP/IP also.Clients will require to be configured to utilize TCP/IP communications. This is able to definite in the ADS.INI file by setting the USE_TCP_IP setting. A number of clients as well have a Communication Type opportunity.

Utilize the Advantage Configuration Utility to identify which port benefit will utilize when admitting AIS connections. If this port is set to 0 after that connecting to the beneficial Server from the Internet is disabled. The Internet Port setting is situated on the Configuration after that Communications tab. Another thought while connecting to benefit with an AIS connection is latency. Reply times across the Internet will be much slower than on a typical LAN as well as response times are able to vary depending on usage. The Advantage server will repeatedly disconnect clients that are not keenly communicating with the server. To decrease the risk of a client connected diagonally the Internet from getting disconnected you may require changing the Internet Client Timeout charge on the server.