Thread: How to prevent and remove Boot sector virus BOO/Alureon.A

How to prevent and remove Boot sector virus BOO/Alureon.A

I am using Windows Desktop PC. Ever since I am having my PC I am using ESET NOD32 AV with it. I heard that it’s we can get the update for all most recent virus as well as other malicious programs. But currently I am using Eset NOD32 4.0.437.0 and it was unable to detect the Boot sector virus Boo/Alureon.A even after updating the program. I have found that other computers which are running Avira is successfully detect this virus. How can I detect those and prevent it affecting my computer? I do not want to switch my ESET, so do you have any better option for this?

Re: How to prevent and remove Boot sector virus BOO/Alureon.A

If you are able to find any new kind of virus then I urge you to pack it and send it ESET lab for further process. In order to put forward a distrustful file to ESET for examination, please go after below steps:
    • Make sure to compress a file or virus into .zip or .rar archive, and password protect it and the password must be like “infected”.
    • Create a note one password you added in the email and attach the compressed file.
    • Clearly indicate the subject line as a suspected infection or a false positive
    • Send it Eset by a using proper mail id.

I think if your system’s boot sector has been infected by Boo/Alureon.A, then you don’t worry about your AV program. To recover your boot sector you need a proper tool other than antivirus. MBRtool is a service premeditated to backup, restore and manage your HDD MBR.The MBR might effortlessly be seen as one of the mainly significant sectors on the hard disk. If something occurs to the stuffing of this division, the information on your disk can be inaccessible. Or the computer may basically not initiate to any further extent. MBRtool is not a routine revival program but will permit users to avoid data failure (originated by MBR corruption) by back up the Master Boot Record, and presents authority users all the control they'll constantly necessitate to clutter with MBR.

I was also getting some issues and later I recognized that it is the cause of Boo/Alureon.A which is corrupting MBR of my computer’s HDD. The Antivirus was unsuccessful to detect and eliminate it. So I downloaded the TDSSKiller and moved it into my desktop. Then I ran this tool by double clicking on its .exe file. Started the scan, after the finishing the scan I clicked on close. Copied the report file from the certain folder and send it to AV center hoping that they could help me. But I didn’t get any reply. So I have downloaded the standalone removal tool from ESET to get rid of it.