Thread: ESET Service hung on starting in Windows 7

ESET Service hung on starting in Windows 7

I am currently running Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit on my Laptop. My friend brought me a ESET AV CD hoping that it will going to resolve and clean out some virus related problem has been affecting my laptop from the past several months. The problem is the program or called as a service hangs computer itself when I first start my computer. This happens every time when I restart the system and due to this. Due to this I will not able to login until it resolves itself. It will take a lot of time. After the Hard Reboot only I can able to successfully login to my computer. The version of ESET is 4.2.40. What can I do now? Should I need to get rid of ESET?

Re: ESET Service hung on starting in Windows 7

I think as you are using the Windows & ultimate 64 bit you need to get the latest version of ESET for proper functioning. This is because you are using the latest version of OS, so it would be helpful if you make use of right and compatible thing. Did you try to update the AV program? If this has not solved our problem then I urge you to completely uninstall the AV and use the original CD for this if the previous one is duplicated. Otherwise try to install manually by using command prompt. For this step you can refer official ESET site.

Is this the problem even after restarting the system in safe mode? If not then reboot the system in safe mode and go to the system services by typing services.msc using RUN. Using this launch ESET service properties first. Export the settings and uninstall the program, by the help of download center get the latest version of ESET. Disable the login feature at startup and see how much time it will take for complete startup to desktop.

As you said that you are getting lot of problem due to virus infection and I think the ESET still not able to rectify it. As far as my concern some of your startup program might be infected by the virus and after installing the ESET those programs or files might be deleted or blocked by the AV due to impossible to clean them from the current updates. So due to this your system is taking lot of time interval to manage the start up programs or files.