Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to remove Rootkit.TmpHider

Networking & Security

Old 22-12-2010

How to remove Rootkit.TmpHider

Hello all, I have a problem with my pc I can no longer access the internet file on the start menu, internet configuration, everything is blocked and I have not even open internet connection, I had to remove a virus . The computer becomes super slow to work. What do I know if I deffective clusters on my pc, so I made a complete recovery do you think my problem is solved. Because my system is infected by the Rootkit.TmpHider. Please tell me how to remove it. s

Old 22-12-2010

Re: How to remove Rootkit.TmpHider

The symptoms most 'classics are those of a sudden and extreme slowness of your computer so that after a few days you come to a near total collapse: it is almost impossible to do anything and also if you have an antivirus installed and updated you will be informed of the presence a virus that cannot be removed. The virus shows that there is a classic Trojan indicating a file that actually does not exist (but it is hidden!).
Old 22-12-2010

This is the file that you threaten in our computer under the layer of the operating system and cannot be detected by normal virus although constantly updated, or removed with the normal CLEAR WINDOWS. To be infected by the rootkit ENOUGH surf the web and run into any site that has malicious code on their pages and immediately undermines the file in your computer. To lock it at the time, you have to raise the peak level of your browser security level course in doing so you cannot go on sites where authentication is required or run Java code.
Old 22-12-2010

After you restart the computer re-run the same software SCAN Sargue percordi and writing of files, the files I found in most cases are within

C: \ program files \ common files \ system

or in

C: \ Program Files \ Common Files

or in

C: \ program files \ common files \ services

manually by going to My Computer, having previously set within these folders from My Computer> Local Disk C above Folder Options> View checked the following options:

-SHOW hidden files and folders (ball on this)
-Hide protected operating system files (remove this check)
-Hide extensions for known file (remove check)
-Displays the contents of system folders (check the box) and then under Apply.
Old 04-01-2011

A description of rootkits on this page: What is a rootkit. For the technical part, I invite you to visit the page of this site is very well done: 3psilon: rootkits. A rootkit is a program that is able to hide from the user and other programs (including antivirus). To detect rootkits must employ rootkit scanner. At the time, the article is written, the editors of security are just beginning to develop their solutions:
  • Panda Anti-Rootkit
  • McAfee Avert Labs Rootkit Detective Beta
  • F-Secure BlackLight
  • Sophos Anti-Rootkit
  • BitDefender RootkitUncover
  • Gmer
Old 05-01-2011

Trend Micro , however, has a free software, Rootkit Buster developed to determine the detection and removal of rootkits has been specializing on. The Rootkit Buster is portable, but with rights to run administrator. In addition to the complete files may also be the Master Boot Record (MBR) are reviewed. Furthermore, existing processes for rootkits searched. The registry is also being investigated.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,