Thread: Windows 7 console session becomes unresponsive after Remote desktop session

Windows 7 console session becomes unresponsive after Remote desktop session

I am having a Windows 7 Pro on Dual Monitor machine. On the very first day when I installed the Windows 7 on my system then I did some work on office. All the things where running well. On the evening of the day I ran the Terminal Services Gateway on office Win 7 machine and it was also not having any problem. On next day, I found that console session of the Windows 7 was not responsive. I have the Remote desktop on it from some other computer and booted that to get it back. Then for one week it was fine but after that kit again started showing me the same problem. Can you tell me that what is the problem and how can it be solved? Thank you very much in advance.

Re: Windows 7 console session becomes unresponsive after Remote desktop session

When you try to connect to any remote computer all the way through a Remote Desktop Gateway (RD Gateway) server then you have to give recommendation for both the remote computer as well as the RD Gateway server. Though, you can make use of the similar recommendation for both. To do that, from the Remote Desktop Connection dialog box, click on advanced tab and click on Settings button. Now choose the Use my RD Gateway credentials intended for the remote computer check box. You will find that the check box is chosen by default.

You should make sure that you cannot connect t any computer which is on sleep or it is hibernating. So you should confirm that the sleep and hibernation in the remote computer is set to never. You will not find Hibernation on all the computers. Click here to know more about making these changes. I would also like to tell you that you cannot use the Remote Desktop Connection for Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Home Basic or Windows 7 Starter.

If you want to allow the remote connection to establish on ant computer which you wish to connect then you have to follow the steps below.
    1. First of all click on the start button and right click on my computer. Select the properties from that.
    2. Click on the Remote settings. If it asks you for the admin password then provide the same and press OK.
    3. Below Remote Desktop, you have to choose one option from three.
    4. Now click on Select Users.
    5. If you have logged in as the admin then the current user account will be added to the list automatically and you can skip the next two steps.
    6. Click add on the Remote Desktop Users dialog box.
    7. You have to do the following in the Select Users or Groups dialog box
      • Click on the location and select the location that you wish to search to specify the search location.
      • Now select type of the user that you want to add and click OK.
    8. Now that name will be visible on in the list of users. Click OK and again click OK.

It might be possible that there is some virus matter lin your system and that is the reason that you are not able to login to the session or it becomes unresponsive. My recommendation to you is to use the virus matter in your system and install the Remote desktop software of the latest version. I am saying this to you because there is possibility that some of the files are corrupted and because of that you are facing the problems like this.