Thread: Security Essentials does not start

Security Essentials does not start

Security Essentials does not start. Recently I am using Windows 7 as an operating system and IE 8. When trying to start the program I get a pop-up window containing the following: "The operation has been canceled due to current restrictions on this computer. Please contact your system administrator" So in order to get free from this issue I need your quick help. So who can help? And if you have any solution then help me as soon you can.

Re: Security Essentials does not start

I need some more information. Have you installed the latest version of Security Essentials? Another virus scanner running on your system? Are you into MSE on a guest account or an account with limited privileges? So please give me this information so that I can help you in a better way. I have also faced this so just do not worry regarding this and just provide me this much information.

I am also going through the same situation. And regarding this I am also in search of proper solution. And in my system it was previously installed McAffee. But I have to uninstall. I'm logged on with a normal user account. I downloaded the latest version of Essentials download and installation even said that I want to run as admin. In the old virus software, the license was expired. It could be, the virus may be on the system? So now please suggest me any proper solution if you have.

I think that it is happening because of the virus problem. I suspect rather that "radicals" hamper McAffee, Security Essentials for the execution. In this case, MSE again uninstalled and then the cleanup tool from McAfee to be executed. There is some name of cleanup tool I am giving you over here and I am sure that this will help you and the names are:
    1. Alwil Avast
    2. AVG: AVG Remover Tool (avgremover.exe; avgremoverx64.exe)
    3. Avria
    4. BitDefender
    5. F Security

The scanner as possible should be executed with the Internet Explorer. Do you have any other additional problems with your system? If you are facing then please list those problem over here. From a certain time is one probably the best way to reinstall to play a completely clean system to get. And I think after doing this you will be able to get the proper solution for this issue.