Thread: Access a desktop PC from another network using Remote Desktop Connection Client

Access a desktop PC from another network using Remote Desktop Connection Client

As far as I am using Windows PC I am very much familiar with most of the features and possibilities. This question is regarding the remote desktop connection. It is not only about the Windows but about others also. Is this possible for us to connect and access the desktop PC which is located on the different server using Remote Desktop Connection client. If I need to access my office Windows PC from my personal Mac then will it work? Is this really possible to connect and access them. How can i utilize the connection? If not possible then what will be the reason?

Re: Access a desktop PC from another network using Remote Desktop Connection Client

What you have knows is wrong actually the Pc which you are trying to connect doesn’t exist on different server but it is in other domain. It is not about the location and it is also not about the present in the same domain or not, you can easily connect from any computer to any work PC. There is no platform restriction for this. These remote connection clients are platform independent. But as you say you want to connect to the office PC. So it will little tougher than you imagined. Some companies do not allow other incoming traffic from outside. The office firewall won’t allow you to do it due to some security purposes and authorization.

Re: Access a desktop PC from another network using Remote Desktop Connection Client

I think it is somewhat possible to connect the home mac to the office PC. But there are some restrictions if there is vast office network. The company should provide and give this access to you, otherwise no matter what remote connection client you use, you will not be able to connect it. There is some kind of authorization you need to accomplish this in order to go through their network server and firewall. If your office PC is independent, which means not connected to any of the office network, server, router and firewall then it is really possible to do this. You just need an internet connection on office PC and if require you can use any third party remote connection apps.

It is possible but to risky because of the office rules and regulation. Without proper authorization you may get fined and lose your job if you find a illegal way to connect. All you have to do is the port forwarding. You need to configure an appropriate port on internet router and then forward it your home Mac. The default settings internet router may disable any unknown traffic. There might also be some password authorization to accomplish this.

There are some third party remote connection apps available both for Windows and Mac. You can give a try on them. Some may have good and useful feature but some are very frustrating to operate. If you are really want connect it by the default windows Remote desktop connection clients then there are several configuration and alteration you need to accomplish depending on the type of network. This means how you want to connection like LAN, behind router (single computer) or behind router (multiple computers). Depending on them you need to alter Registry entries and ports.