Thread: In Windows Vista Eset 4.2.64 shows BSOD with Truecrypt

In Windows Vista Eset 4.2.64 shows BSOD with Truecrypt

I have been using Windows Vista Service pack 2 version of OS in my desktop PC. My favorite Antivirus program is Eset. I know that it is lighter, faster and portable antivirus software. The problem is when trying to mount volumes the computer continually goes to BSOD. It is happens possibly 90% of the time when I try to do this. By this cause it has become very hard to access my PC. It was also occurred in 4.2.58 version, now there is now change in 4.2.64 version also. I tried it in different vista PC like 64 bit and 32 bit and the results are same. I am also running Truecrypt. When I try to do this on my laptop which is running 32 bit Vista the BSOD shows that it is the cause of eamonm.sys, whereas the 64bit doesn’t shows anything, not even a particular driver. Do you have any idea about it? How to solve this issue?

Re: In Windows Vista Eset 4.2.64 shows BSOD with Truecrypt

What you have to do is organize Windows to produce absolute memory dumps per the instructions here and replicate BSOD. When completed, condense it and express it to ESET for inspection. You need to suggest the error occurred in your system so that they can develop a patch to fix it either in your system or in other system. I hope that you know how to achieve it.

As I can say that I didn’t get any issue while using TrueCrypt along with Eset 4.2.58 on Windows Vista. Another thing to say that half of my primary hard drive has been encrypted. But I got the BSOD in .64 version of Eset. I have tried many things like I send it to Eset laboratory for inspection but they didn’t helped at all. Right now I am definitely waiting for an update to Truecrypt hoping that may be it could solve the problem. But my suggestion is trying to mount Truecrypt volumes as removable media. Turn of the Scanning feature to off on both the removal storage as well as networks drives, may be it could stop BSOD.

As far as I know from the source of Microsoft the Complete memory dump preference does not exist on computers that are operating a 32-bit OS like in your situation Vista and that contain 2 GB or more RAM. A total memory dump accounts each and every one of the contents of machine memory when your computer impedes unpredictably. A whole memory dump possibly will enclose data as of processes that were operating when the memory dump was composed. If you pick the memory dump choice, you ought to encompass a paging file on the boot volume that is adequate to embrace the entire substantial RAM bonus 1 megabyte (MB).

If you are continuously getting BSOD then I urge you that install the latest version of Eset again and update the new virus signature database. The primary reason behind the BSOD is the cause of enabled verifier. To check it open the command prompt in your Windows vista and type "Verifier /reset". I have been informed BSOD in coincidence with TrueCrypt where dumps piercing to a bug in truecrypt.sys. Lest of continue problems, I'd recommend telling TrueCrypt support on this issue.