Thread: Wireless network without data communication equipment

Wireless network without data communication equipment

I want to know if is possible to establish an ad hoc, not only between two machines but, among several machines are already built-in wireless adapter or laptop, without having to use a data communication equipment (router) and build an antenna for communication station utilizer between computers without a router. So if you have any information related to this issue then please tries to share it over here. I will be grateful for this.

Re: Wireless network without data communication equipment

No. It is only possible if any of the WiFi has a WiFi adapter that supports "Virtual WiFi", namely, that Windows 7 has been supporting it that their drivers also in which case support its own Windows 7 will have created two network adapters: one normal WiFi and another called "Microsoft Virtual WiFi"). In this case, that adapter may cause access points. So related to this I know this much and I hope this will help you.

No. In Windows Vista there is no Virtual WiFi, and a network Ad.Hoc is for local communication but simply for timely communication between two machines. You'll need a router or access point. Not a problem of antenna or antenna, is the type of communication problem security, stability, etc. So I think you got my point. So regarding this if you have any issue then you can ask me here. I will try to give the best.

ok, then the antenna is only meant to expand coverage, but who makes the communication, is the AP, if I could help with more information on this subject would appreciate, but generally coverage of the antenna is 20 meters or wireless device, then if it becomes AP in Windows 2007, your coverage would range from 20 to 30 meters, which apparently would be a bit limited, a friend and I can extend the coverage of wireless virtual.