Thread: Turning Router Netgear WGT N-150 And N-624 Into The Switch

Turning Router Netgear WGT N-150 And N-624 Into The Switch

I have been making the use of the two wireless routers and have been using it since long. Also for the connection of the Router N-150 I have made the use of the series of the hard wired and many other things. But now I am just planning to make the use of the wireless switch and also the use of the various access points that can be used for various purposes. I am making the use of the Netgear WGT 624 v2 that is being plugged in into the cable modem that is being used by me. And also I am making the use of the Netgear N-150 WNR 1000 that is being wired to the 624. And the scenario is that each router is being used at the end of the house. And also I wanted to know whether it is possible to make the use of both the routers as switch. Please suggest me how this things are possible and what to do for this.

Re: Turning Router Netgear WGT N-150 And N-624 Into The Switch

You can make the use of the additional wireless router that can be used of the connection of the routers and also it can be used for additional AP. You can also make the use of the range expander and also the repeater. This is best for the use and also they are best if you are trying to make the use of the dual routers with it. The AP is the major thing that can be used for the connection of the dual routers and also for the making of it for the purpose of the switch to.

The other option is that you can also make the sue of the custom firmware such as the one of the DD-WRT, which is said to be the firmware that is being used for the Linux based systems and most particularly for the third party firmware that is being used for the for the various computers that are being used when a connection is being established among the computers. It is pre-installed and is used as the replacement for the routers that is particularly being used in the systems. And also for the replacement of the routers, to that of the switch the DD-WRT plays an important role in it.

And if you are making the use of the wireless network router the there would be no issue in the connection and also for the repeated networks that are being used for the routers that are being used. And is the scenario is the using of the Wireless routers than you can surely make the use of the WDS that is called the Wireless distribution support. This option will help you out to make the use of the routers as switch and also it will provide you one of the best of the connectivity that can be used for the connection and also for the switching of the routers from one router to another.