Thread: Netgear WNDR3700PPTP drops connection under peer to peer load

Netgear WNDR3700PPTP drops connection under peer to peer load

I have got a desktop system , I use Windows 7 operating system and have installed intel core 2 duo processor, 2GB of RAM and on an ASUS motherboard and also have net gear router for the net work and the model is WNDR3700, but it has some sort of problem , it terminates the PPTP connection 2 to 13 minutes and later on reestablishes within 15 minutes . What is the reason of such temporary failure, please help me out to solve this issue if you have any idea how to resolve it.

Re: Netgear WNDR3700PPTP drops connection under peer to peer load

So you are getting stuck in the PPTP tunnel between a device at the back of your router (and most probably it will be your desktop and a device provided by the service provider And then you are running your P2P application from your desktop PC and fleeting the traffic through the gateway, it is possible that some of the application is responsible for this sort of blockage and causing the termination in regular interval.

Most probably your reason is that your Torrent client is overwhelming all of your bandwidth. BitTorrent for instance it is not recognizing your preset bandwidth boundaries from within a tunnel since all of your peers would come into view as LOCAL peers as a substitute of Internet peers.if your client chains with it, try to enable local peer limits and check whether it works .

Well I doubt that it is getting nailed PPTP tunnel but I think it is getting stuck between WNDR3700 and the service provider which is VPN server. I have an access on my local resources. I do not have any idea about the VPN or . My service provider provides me 20Mbits/s both in and out, and i restrict my torrent client to 12Mbit/s in\out with 120 coexisting and parallel sessions.

I am questioning about the pptp service that you are using, does that exist on a different router/server or it one of those 3rd party underground vpn server that people use to conceal a variety of wicked things . I have assessed the router under load with the Bittorent on well seeded linux distros which be inclined to put the the majority of load on the router and it seems fine , I would highly NOT suggest doing peer to peer through a pptp channel, there is excessive overhead.