Thread: How to create DOMAIN NETWORK

How to create DOMAIN NETWORK

I want to create a domain network as i recently purchased a set of computers and i want to add it to the network as i don't know how to create a domain server so please tell me the step by step process to create my own domain server?

Re: How to create DOMAIN NETWORK

To create your own domain network you have to follow the following steps:
    1)Your 1 drive have to be formatted with NTFS partition and your system should be configured with an ip address.
    2) You should type your server ip address in the preferred dns server field and you have to create a domain controller on your server and in your system windows server 2003 should be installed.
    3)To make your domain server just go to Start>Run and then type dcpromo then follow the instruction and after finishing the setup you have to restart your PC.
    4)Now you have to make member for your server for that right click on my computer and then select properties and then choose the computer name tab then click change and click domain then you have to write the name of your server(abc.com)after that restart the system you have to follow all this step on your client PC by which you can create your own domain server.

If you want to make a domain network you should have a server suppose you have 4 pcs and you want 3 pcs to be on xp pro and 1 pcs to act as administrator using remote access you need to follow these steps.
    1)you have to setup active directory domain controller on your server PC then you have to setup DNS and DHCP on the server PC.
    2)Then you have to create a new user account and also set domain names and DNS ip on all your pcs.
    3)To perform remote desktop connection go to run and type mstsc it will ask for the server name or the ip address and also a password after successful login it will connect to the server.Good luck.

To create a domain network you need a windows 2003 server and you have to configure the machine to have a static IP address to acts as dns server and also you need to install windows dns server.After that you have to install DHCP.DNS is know as domain name server which allow the computer to talk with each other and also to connect to the internet and DHCP allows to automatically have ip addresses to configure with the server.
    After u have completed installing your software you have to restart your system and then start setting your users using shortcut on your start menu called Active Directory users and computers.

First you have to install 2003 server on your system if you have already have 2003 server installed in your system then you have to create a domain by running dcpromo it will make your server the domain controller and automatically takes over all the master role you have to provide a different name such as abc.local instead of abc.com otherwise any 1 can hack your network.You have to make your server the primary dns server and create dns forwarder to ips dns server and also provide static ip address to the lan of the router.Now you have to create a scope in dhcp to get the ip addresses to your workstation also make the scope in the same subnet as the server if you start the scope it will give u lots of ip addresses.
    Make the router option(003) the default gateway and also your router internal ip address this will create your Domain Network.