Thread: Netgear WN2000RPT router is not connected properly with my cable modem

Netgear WN2000RPT router is not connected properly with my cable modem

Hey recently I have purchased a Netgear WN2000RPT router. It was working properly after I purchased it but today I am not able to connect my Netgear WN2000RPT router with my modem. I have tried a lot but still I am experiencing a problem with my connection. I am not getting what I have to do to get out of my problem so please help me………

Re: Netgear WN2000RPT router is not connected properly with my cable modem

To solve your problem you have to first of all unplug the power cable from your Netgear WN2000RPT router and modem. After that you have to leave it unplugged for 30 seconds and after that plug it back in. This will clear the Netgear WN2000RPT router as well as modem's internal memory. Any network connection issues that were an effect of an error being stored in the memory will at the moment be solved, as well as then the device will be able to function correctly

You have to ensure that the entire cables are secured properly in their devices. An Ethernet cable will not be capable to transmit network data to as well as from devices if the cables are not attached correctly. You have to confirm that the entire Ethernet cables are plugged in properly to the modem, the Netgear WN2000RPT router and the PC in your network.

You can get out of your problem by repairing your network adapter software. After that you have to Right press on the icon for your PC’s internal network adapter as well as press "Repair." This will disable the internal network adapter, consider it for issues and after that enable it. If either your modem or your router were having difficulties communicating with the internal adapter, these issues will be solved once the repair process has taken place.

After going through above solution if you are not able to solve your problem then you can try this out you have to confirm that the coaxial Internet cable is screwed on strongly to the back of your modem. If this cable is not screwed on strongly, the modem will not be capable to get Internet communications, which will be reason behind your issues for the modem, your router and your PC’s.