Thread: Netgear GS608 Gigabit Switch Router 100 Mbps not working

Netgear GS608 Gigabit Switch Router 100 Mbps not working

Wanting to add a printer to my computer and am using media center networking. I bought a Netgear GS608 Gigabit Switch (35 euro). The Dlink router - dir635 serves as DHCP server. The problem is that the rate of transfer between PCs is about 15 kb / s in this configuration. I replaced the Gigabit Switch Router WRT54G by an old "break" 100 Mbps (only operating in switch, you can not access the router interface) and flows returned to 7 to 10 Mb / s. I tested the switch out of the box with 2 PC's fixed IP and flow rates were 25 MB / s. Unfortunately, if the switch can not communicate with the rest of my network, it wouldn't is not very useful. I am not able to find the problem.

Re: Netgear GS608 Gigabit Switch Router 100 Mbps not working

Your layout lacks details "practice" such as network cards that equip your PC. It would also be useful to check the status of the GS608 LED (green, yellow?) For each PC. I also have a GS608 that works, it is connected by port 1 with a Category 6 cabling (what about for you?) To a Netgear FVS124G (also Gigabit). Data throughput (15 kbps) specific binding (between two special equipment?) Or general? I transferred to almost 30 Mb / s to one of my servers via the switch, there's no reason you should not make the same.

The need for wiring a switch 100 Mbps is less demanding (given the normal rate). I suggest you test (s) link (s) that pose (s) problem with an ad-hoc cabling (category 6 of preference, some Category 5 cables work well done, too) after you upgrade the card drivers network. This should help you. I fear that you ask is possible with equipment much more expensive than a simple unmanaged switch (also regardless of manufacturer). And in my opinion, change the wiring (especially as you quote seems on the verge of obsolescence) will be cheaper and a bit more permanent that such an investment.

There are only 2 pc that are detected in gigabit (compatible only 2 for now). What is most strange is that with a 100 Mbit switch, I correct speeds. Regarding the cables, they are not excellent cable everywhere. The connection between the router and the switch comprise only 4 strands. It is a cable to pass the phone (6 strands). The rest is in 8 strands. I hope that you understood the scenario.