Thread: WNDR3700 - DHCP not working

WNDR3700 - DHCP not working

I have a VDSL in bridge mode which I use as a modem. I just bought a WNDR3700 which receives its IP address from the ISP DHCP (I mean the WAN address) is passive because the modem (bridge). I had no problem with my old linksys WRT610N router, but the WNDR3700 seems to start too fast relative to the others and not wait until you receive the IP address of the ISP (the Netgear is up before it is shown to be connected to the VDSL network). Accordingly, the WNDR3700 glows orange WAN side and therefore can not connect to the net (no address), which is confirmed by the absence of external IP address in the web interface of the router. If I renew the DHCP lease from WAN web interface of the router or the Netgear that I raise, then everything works fine there. Is there a way you think to fix this annoying problem?

Re: WNDR3700 - DHCP not working

Have you tried waiting for few minutes? Normally the router must try again to renew its IP address ... Restart your equipment that often? Since the trouble seems to happen at the DHCP requests, you can also set the tab the Netgear's WAN IP / mask / gateway and DNS via DHCP harvest it. I am sure that doing that might solve your issue. Otherwise, try to reset the default settings. Maybe that we make some help.

I've recently thought I treat myself something - risen to the router WNDR 3700 from Netgear because it has my old router, also from Netgear (wgr614V5) spinning (If the network connection is lost and the coronation itself reset, whatever ). I have connected the new router and the basic settings. The Internet connection will work. My problem is that I have the impression that my connection has become considerably slower, and both wireless LAN and I know not, and this also can not select the User Manual, how can I change this, or which may missing in the router settings. Can someone give a hint? If anyone using it, what you all think about this router?

I think that you should try the NETGEAR Wireless-N. The WNDR3700 delivers the performance and flexibility you need for your network. It is ideal for your home or for small businesses that want to rely on their wireless connections, and require a maximum bandwidth. What does the RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N Gigabit Router?
    • Simultaneously surf, email, stream HD video, play online games and make Internet phone calls
    • The Gigabit switch ensures the further transport of your maximum wireless data transfer speeds without bottlenecks
    • On the 5 GHz frequency band Dual Band Wireless-N offers more channels, less interference and better connections
    • The "Push 'N' Connect" button prevents new wireless computer is completely straightforward in the WLAN
    • (QoS) guarantees the highest quality streaming of HD video, online gaming and Internet telephony
    • Maximum performance and range when used with RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N 300 adapter
    • Four Gigabit ports provide fast network connections
    • The ReadyDLNA media server streams your videos, pictures and music on DMAs as EVA9150 or DLNA-enabled TVs
    • ReadyShare provides quick and simple common network access to external storage such as USB hard drive or USB flash drives
    • Auto Backup utility for automatic and wireless backups of important data on the connected USB storage device

ReadyDLNA is provided at a later date as a firmware update. The central administration and external backup of your data with the WNDR3700 is very simple. Connect your USB storage device to your dual-band router - and each computer on your network access to USB storage and can easily share media files, documents, music and other files. The Dual Band Gigabit Router prioritizes network traffic so efficient that a high quality for video streaming, VoIP, online gaming and other critical tasks is always guaranteed. Environment-friendly networks :
    • Power button - saves energy when the device is not in operation
    • Energy-efficient power supply by AC adapter with Energy Star labels
    • Package of 80 percent recycled material