Thread: Killer NIC's compared to motherboard's integrated NIC

Killer NIC's compared to motherboard's integrated NIC

I've recently gone through for the Killer NIC cards especially for "gaming" network have been unenthusiastic. It's invented to be a NIC intended purposely for online gaming. But users are adamant that they will not observe whichever diminution in their chime and in game lag, and the only obsession it accomplishes is "Internet connection". The most modern invention of Killer NIC models has dive down drastically in cost, and are more rapid than the earlier creation. Now my question is buying a similar product. Should I suppose to be find one if there is only an unconditional negligible perfection in online gaming routine and lag drop? But I think that the integrated NIC in the motherboard is better for online gaming. Is it true? Do you have anything to say about this?

Re: Killer NIC's compared to motherboard's integrated NIC

Of course there is a major difference between the integrated NIC and the Killer NIC. You will surely notice a ping variation among those NIC. The Killer NIC for a servers like 100 people can help to sped up the Ping for maximum passionate event gaming. For extreme gamers in LAN, this card is really useful other than integrated NIC.

I tried the ping in both NIC and I got 15-30ms difference between those. So I think that the NIC card is really capable for boost up speed. As far as the internet connection issue concern the NIC cards only concentrate on UDP not TCP. So you cannot speed up the internet using this card. But multiplayer gaming on LAN you will get a HD streaming at very high speed without any lag and crash. So it is the best by I think other than going for upgrade of CPU, GPU and RAM.

I have one good choice for these category cards. That is Bigfoot Networks Killer 2100. The Killer 2100 is a modified edition of the Killer Xeno Pro which we formerly adage from industrialized associate Golden Arrow. The Killer 2100 mechanism by finding a way around the Windows networking stack that any supplementary network controller (counting the on-board) uses. The specifications are as follows.
    • Connection: 1x PCI-E
    • Data rates: 10/100/1000 Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet
    • NPU: 400MHz
    • Integrated memory: 128MB PC2100 266MHz DDR
    • IEEE Compatibility: 802.3, 802.3u, 802.3x, 802.3z, 802.3ac, 802.3ab
    • Ports: RJ-45

The key to the Killer NIC technology is the aptitude to circumvent the classic Windows networking stack. The Killer NIC software restores the popular of the software stack and bids up instantaneous "ready flags" that be capable of respond the game software's desires for networking information quicker than Windows might afford it. The cost of these Cards are varies from $70 to $100. So I think that this is not included for budget specification. But for performance seekers no doubt about these cards.