Thread: How to increase Netgear DGN2200 wireless router speed

How to increase Netgear DGN2200 wireless router speed

Doing my head in why I am simply still receiving 54Mbps along with my new DGN2200.My Acer laptop running Windows 7 has wireless outline n Intel wifi link 5100 adapter. N settings are the entire activated. Wireless connection give me max 54mpbs connection speed .so please advise me how can I increase my Netgear DGN2200 wireless router speed. All advice respected.

Re: How to increase Netgear DGN2200 wireless router speed

First of all create difficulty free paths among your router and receiving PC. The more physical difficulty there is between your router and your PC, the weaker the wireless signal is likely to be. Situating the router in a central position along with obvious sight lines to your PC will assist you to boost the signal.try this out. May this will help you to make out your problem

Utilize a wireless repeater. Sometimes it is not achievable to shift a router and PC to make straight sight lines, or a PC might be too far from the router to obtain a strong signal. A wireless repeater gets in a wireless signal as well as sends it back along with improved power to raise the signal's range. Utilizing a wireless repeater among your router and PC sends a signal around difficulty as well as be able to boost performance

Decrease network procedure. Sometimes slow Internet utilize on a wireless network is not the responsibility of the network however that a lot of users are attached to the network. Disconnect other PCs connected to the network to free bandwidth as well as raise speed. Setting up password safety for your router is as well good to block free riders from attaching to your network in addition to slowing it. Make sure that your router's user manual on how to set up a password.

You can obtain a new network card. Newer wireless network cards are usually more powerful and be able to pick up signals better. In addition, newer cards are able to utilize higher-end wireless technologies that permit for quicker transfer speeds. May this will help you to get your solution. If you got your answer then please let me know about it.