Thread: How can I able to connect Netgear GS608 V3 properly

How can I able to connect Netgear GS608 V3 properly

I presently purchased Netgear GS608 V3 its connected to a Linksys WRT320N router. The trouble is when I m trying to download big stuff like the whole driver CD or even big movies the switch continuously disconnecting my internet connection. The light continuously flashing green light but I don't have any internet connection throughout that download. When I disconnect the UTP cable from the switch and reconnect it the internet connection is resuming properly. So I changed the UTP cord from the switch but still the problem persists for me. I attempted both onboard lan ports but the trouble occurs in both the device. And also with Win7 through 2 Realtek PCIe GBE Family organizer.

Re: How can I able to connect Netgear GS608 V3 properly

I think that you must try to connect the switch directly to the main router Lan. Since it has a connection fails due to change the mode from one cable change the downloading gateway and it alters the download speed from the internet. So I suggest you that to connect to the internet directly then it will work fine without any problem. Check that out and try to check the device is properly connected to the peripheral.

Make certain the chosen location is:
    • Not in straight sunlight or close to a heater or heating vent.
    • Not messy or full. There should be as a minimum 2 inches (5 cm) of obvious space on every sides of the switch.
    Well ventilated (particularly if it is in a cabinet).
    Neither the GS605 nor GS608 are made to be mound on top of additional GS605 or GS608 switches. If you require numerous units in one place, use the vertical stand to position several units close to each other.
    As well, you’ll require one improved class 5 (Cat 5e) Ethernet cord with RJ-45 connectors for each device you desire to attach to the switch. Every Ethernet cord must be fewer than 328 feet (100m).

Set the switch on a flat face.
    1. confirm that the power adapter is correctly connected to a performing power outlet. If it’s in
    a power band, be certain that the power stripe is turned on. If the opening is controlled by a light button, make convinced the switch is in the on location.
    2. For each device, put in one ending of an Ethernet cord into the port in the device and add the other point into one of the Ethernet ports on the power.
    3.Join the power adapter’s cord into the rear side of the switch and then insert the adapter into a power socket.
    The Power light should light up. Then try to download.