Thread: How to configure Dell T710 with APC BackUPS XS1300 to boot after power

How to configure Dell T710 with APC BackUPS XS1300 to boot after power

Hello guys, there is some serious problem going on with the power supply. As some construction work is going on, in the building, the power supply was lost three to four times. As I am using UPS, so there is no chance of losing any data. I can usually save the data and shutdown the computer. And when the power supply is back I can reboot it. I also want the server to boot after the utility power is back. Where can I configure this settings and how can I configure it. If anybody has got any idea then please help.

Re: How to configure Dell T710 with APC BackUPS XS1300 to boot after power

Yes, you can configure the settings to boot it, when the utility power is back. There is some setting in the BIOS, specific to the power recovery. In BIOS, go to the system security and then select AC power recovery. Here you will find an option for the system to return to the last power state. If this option is set to Last, the system returns to the last power state. If set to on, then the system will turn on after the power restoration. If set to off, the system still remains still in off condition, even if the power is restored

Try to put the BIOS power setting, in ON condition. This will force the server to switch on every time, whenever it gets the power. For example after shutdown it totally loses the power and then restores the power. Try it and do reply me, whether it worked or not. You can also try by setting the last state option as OFF and also by setting it to LAST . try to read the difference between both the settings.

BIOS requires to see a complete power loss or else the server will remain in off state and wont power on. It is not possible in a graceful shutdown. I guess that you want such a BIOS setting, which wakes the machine whenever it is off and it has utility power. You can set the AC power recovery to the ON state. This will let the server to shutdown gracefully and will remove the entire load from the UPS. but I am not sure if it turns on the server.