Thread: Forgot the password of my netgear router

Forgot the password of my netgear router

I have got a desktop system. Although my system configuration is quite good and I do not have any issues with it , but I am having issue with my router. I have established a home network in my system and I am using a netgear router to connect my system with the network . I went out of time for a month and just came yesterday. now when I go to start my system , what I see I cannot access my net because I had forgot the password of my router. It is annoying me very much because I am deprived from accessing the internet . Has any body have any sort of clue how I can get rid off this mess ?

Re: Forgot the password of my netgear router

Well if you ask me I do not think that there is any way so that you can recover your forgotten password. According to me you have the only option to reset the router to its factory settings or default settings . In order to do so you will have to press the reset button which will be there on the rear end of your router . After resetting the router to the factory settings you can enter the default user name and password which you will get from the manual .

The default settings of the router varies from the manufacturer of the router. What sort of router do you have? If you have a Linksys router then the user name you can leave a blank space for the first time and enter admin as a password and it is quite opposite for the Dlink router i.e the username is admin and the password for the same is left blank. After resetting the router and entering the default password, you can change the password later on. Please remember your password and username.

I think you should not forgot your administrator password like this, this can lead to a serious issue you will have be careful next time. These Netgear, Linksys are all big names as far as manufacturing a router is concerned , so you will have to remember all the username and the password , what you can do is you can make one more profile as guest , in case you forget the domain log in this will; at least help you in accessing the system, if not fully.