Thread: Not able to connect Netgear DGN2000 with WiFi

Not able to connect Netgear DGN2000 with WiFi

Hey I have recently purchased a netgear DGN2000 wireless router. I go through the steps given in the CD to Connect a Wireless Router with a WiFi Card but I am not able to connect it properly. I am trying to perform this 2 to 3 time but every time I am not able to connect it every time Netgear DGN2000 WiFi keeps breaking. I don’t know too much about this topic to please help me to solve this problem.

Re: Not able to connect Netgear DGN2000 with WiFi

First of all you have to reset your home network by unplugging the power cords of both your Internet modem as well as your wireless router. If you utilize a wireless modem or a modem/router combination, merely unplug its power cord. After 30 seconds you can plug the entire power cords back in addition to start your PC again. After executing this check your Wi-Fi connectivity once the PC has completely rebooted.

You can connect to a different Wi-Fi network to check for a possible problem with your PC's wireless card. Confirm that you are connecting to a network that you are legally allowable to utilize, like a free open Wi-Fi hotspot or a friend's wireless network. If you cannot connect to wireless networks except your home network, the problem most likely is associated to the wireless components on your wireless router. If you cannot connect to any Wi-Fi networks at all, it is time to check for a possible problem with your PC's wireless card.

To connect a wireless router to wifi you have to place in the WiFi card totally into the expansion-card slot in the PC. A light will seem on the side of the card while it is place in totally. If this light is not on, the card is not pushed the entire the way into the expansion-card slot after that Install the drivers that appear with the WiFi card. If you do not complete this step, the PCwill be not capable to notice the device. Place in the driver installation CD as well as follow the installation wizard at the appointed time while the wizard loads onto the screen. After that press "Install," as well as the drivers will install onto the PC. Make sure the power on the wireless router. If the router is off the WiFi card will be not capable to connect to the Internet. Then shift the laptop closer to the wireless router. If it is too far out of range, the PC will be not capable to get the created WiFi network. After doing all this things start the PC again.

You can do one more thing to solve your issue you can unplug the Ethernet cables that connect your DGN2000 modem to wireless router after that attach it to your PC's Ethernet port. If you utilize a wireless modem, you can attach an Ethernet cable from one of its ports to your PC's Ethernet port. After that you can reset the modem. If your PC still will not go online, you may be experiencing a problem with your Internet modem. If your PC will go online with an Ethernet cable straight connected to it, however still will not get any wireless networks, it is now time to make sure for a probable problem with your PC's wireless card.

I have been having increased useless issues with my Netgear DGN2000 (10months old) WiFi connectivity to my home Network devices. Also recently very slow problems with file downloads from the internet over WiFi (within line of sight to the router). So much so I have harassed TPG to the point of frustration. Now I am worried it is the router all along.

Not long after purchasing this router in March '10, I came across a lot of articles about peoples DNG models overheating, with issues and some people having their router die after only 1 year.

this is very disappointing.

I had over heating issues last night.
    Could not admin log into it, even though I had ensured my last place of log in had been correctly logged out.
    MY XBOX360 (ETHERNET) via Apple Airport (Access Point) would not maintain a connection to my iMac over WiFi, nor could it maintain conection to my macbook all via the Netgear.
    After turing it off and letting sit a while, it took a reset, reboot and restore last working backup settings to get access again and have my network devices attached to it again.
    However again, 15min later, Netgear would not maintain a connection between devices.
    This morning; same again, could not log into the router using admin log on. Devices not communicating on the network, although both the iMac and macbook say connected via WiFi.

the only recent changes I have made lately is setting up reserved IPs for devices and setting them individually with static IP Addresses to match the reserved IP/MAC device addresses.

Now I am feeling very un-hopeful, and dreading calling the Netgear Support to have do all the time-consuming troubleshooting.

I have the same problem as bbrams, my DGN 2000 has been working well for around 6 months, but over the past 3 days the wireless has been intermittent and now not working at all - iphones, laptop & imac all not able to connect via wireless - ethernet is working fine. While this isn't a solution, your overheating suggestion seems to match what is happening here - the weather has been quite warm outside, although under 30degrees inside. Time to contact Netgear.

Did you checked the Firewall setting of your router which might be not allowing you to connect your device. I will advise you to check for the Wifi setting and configure your device same in router as well as device. Both the things should match with the same setting. Also if possible then you should reset the router and see whether this is working for you or not.